“A lovely place to stay”
Review of Hotel La Boheme

Hotel La Boheme
Ranked #44 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We travelled from the airport by the express shuttle bus (397) from stand B9. I bought the tickets online before travel for 9 euros pp return. The hotel was easy to find from the Leidesplein bus stop. Walk across the canal to the apple show - with your back to the apple shop keep going forwards but do avoid the bikes and trams. The reception staff were very welcoming and efficient. The room was small, quiet, clean with a perfectly acceptable shower room.
The breakfast was good with an excellent selection of breads, toaster, 4 cereals to choose from with yoghurt, jams, cheese, fresh fruit and hard boiled eggs.
Two recommendations - do try the complimentary cheese platter between 5 and 6pm with a drink from the bar and take a universal sink plug.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelLaBoheme, Manager at Hotel La Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2017

Dear Keswick7b,

Thank you for your cheerful review. We hope to welcome you again.
Have a lovely holiday.

Astrid

Write a ReviewReviews (1,123)

Reviewed 14 December 2017

I stayed at this hotel for one night only in one of the single rooms downstairs. The room is very modestly yet thoughtfully decorated. Even though the bathroom and shower are shared, I did not feel it since it is only three rooms that share these facilities. I was very happy with that. There was also no noise from outside. I also really enjoyed the cat details and even saw Mimi the cat once. The staff is also very friendly and eager to help.

The breakfast was very tasty and until 11am (hurra!) and with free coffee, tea and hot chocolate throughout the day. The location is perfect: bus to the airport 3 min away and another tram station around the corner. Would come back for sure!

Room Tip: single rooms downstairs are very peaceful
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Dear Paulina,

Thank you so much for your comment :) We hope to welcome you again.
Have a lovely holiday.

Astrid

Reviewed 6 December 2017

I am extremely picky and always do a lot of research before booking hotels, which can be tough in expensive cities such as Amsterdam. I am so glad I found Hotel La Boheme!

I arrived to the hotel via train from Centraal Station and then tram to Leidseplein. It is seriously a one minute walk from the tram stop - super convenient. Ask anyone at Centraal Station which trams go to Leidseplein - several of them do. Then when I left, I took the bus back directly to the airport. The bus stop is slightly farther (5 minutes walk) but I think easier since you don't have to transfer.

I arrived later in the evening but the front desk was expecting me. Everyone working at reception (I met about 4-5 different people during my stay) was extremely helpful & friendly! I was given room 16 on the top floor. Warning - these stairs are no joke. I am in good shape but they were still tough. Definitely not suitable for anyone with mobility issues. The staff helped me carry my suitcase upstairs, luckily.

My room & the bathroom were actually larger than I expected after reading reviews about small rooms. The bed was very comfortable with good-quality sheets. There was a safe in the room - bit tricky to figure out, which meant I had to ask reception to come help me at least twice. They were always happy to help even though it meant they had to climb the infinite stairs. Sorry guys!

The bathroom had a stall shower, good hot water and pressure. Rather than individual bars of soap or shampoo containers, there were dispensers of each - worked perfectly well.

Someone came in daily to replace towels & empty the trash, but they didn't really clean the room - just pulled the duvet up on the bed rather than actually make the bed, didn't wipe down the sink or shower or anything. I was traveling alone on a short trip so this was fine for me (though I did think it was a little unusual),

The included breakfast was fantastic - lots of variety. Also, it is very convenient to have the coffee machine available for free all day. One day I had a drink in the reception area during the evening, and they kindly offered me some cheese to go with it - nice little touch from the friendly staff. And of course sitting at reception other than during breakfast hours, you have the chance to interact with sweet Mimi the cat!

My room was in the back of the hotel and I did not have any issues with noise.

The location is great. I walked everywhere - only used a tram on one super cold day. Dam Square & Anne Frank's house are about a 20 minute walk, Rijksmuseum about 10. Leidseplein just outside the hotel is full of shops, bars & restaurants.

I had to leave early in the morning for my flight home, so reception was not open. But they offered to assist with my suitcase if I brought it down the night before and also pack me breakfast to take with me. Again, really such lovely little touches.

I definitely recommend Hotel La Boheme and would stay there again next time I'm in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Rooms 16, 17, 18 are on the top floor - tons of stairs
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
HotelLaBoheme, Manager at Hotel La Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Thank so much for your extensive review, this means a lot to us. We hope to welcome you again. Kind regards from Mimi and staff :)

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Cozy, steep stairs, very good location, there are lots of eateries and shops nearby. Easy access to and from the airport by bus. Staff are sooo friendly and their recommendations are a big plus+
Like winkel, flea markets, canal tours. If we come back to amsterdam we will stay here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelLaBoheme, Receptionist at Hotel La Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you so much for your review! We would love to welcome you again some time!

Eden

Reviewed 4 December 2017

We stayed for three nights in late November early Dec 2017.
We would recommend this Hotel, our twin room was simple but warm and comfortable. The reception / dinning area was bright and friendly and distinctly themed around Mimi the obviously much loved Hotel cat. We would recommend the breakfast. The staff were also very helpful and welcoming. The Hotel location is about 25 minute walk from the central station, has great transport links as well as a a wide range of bars and restaurants. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
HotelLaBoheme, Front Office Manager at Hotel La Boheme, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, hopefully we can welcome you again soon!

Best regards,