NH City Centre Amsterdam(Amsterdam)
US$177
NH Hotels
US$101
  • Breakfast included
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$81
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$101/night.

Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$104
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$155
Hotels.com
US$192
US$188
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$250/night.

US$225
US$187
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$111
Savings alert! 37% below average rates

The price you found is 37% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$117
Priceline
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

Flying Pig Downtown(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$92
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

2,972 results
All reviewsgreat locationsuperior roomwithin walking distanceamsterdam centremini barvan gogh museumkey cardheineken experiencemuseum quartercentral stationtram stopbars and restaurantsmain attractionsbreakfast was includeddam squaresmall roomanne frank house
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Ideally located walking distance to most attractions. Stayed for four nights in a double room. Stylish common areas, and very secure (you need your key card to operate the elevators). The double room is nice sized (relative to hotel room sizes in Europe) with all of the modern conveniences. Free wifi, but the signal can be weak. Highly recommended if you can get a good deal. Rooms facing the street can be noisy.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the street. Beware that the free wifi can be slow.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed 10 days in September - Very nice hotel, great location. Close to museums, restaurants, bars, canal cruises and stores. We could walk most of the time, and just took the tram to get to Central Station.

Stayed in (huge) superior room, with a living area, wood floor, plenty of space to store our clothes, mini-fridge, kettle, iron and iron board, daily supply of instant coffee and tea, etc.
Ok, the furniture is wasted, but everything was perfectly clean, the mattress and pillows are comfortable, enourmous king size bed, and a great view (we got a front room, and since we live in Sao Paulo, we are used to some noise). Free wifi, which worked perfectly all the time.

There were many windows, which make the room very clear and pleasant, although curtains are thick enough to black out the light if you want to. After walking all day, staying in the bed with the sunset light bathing the room was a peaceful and recharging moment.
The service was great (except for the maitre in the breakfast room, which looked annoyed all the time). I wrote the hotel in advance telling this trip was to celebrate our 20th anniversary, and we got Prosecco, a tray with fine chocolates and a lovely card, signed by the staff. It was such a lovely touch ! (I did the same with Hotel Prince di Conti in Paris, and we got nothing there – not even a smile from the staff).
We found it very safe as well, since you can only enter the elevator using your card. Late at night, the door is closed so reception can check who is going in.

The breakfast is expensive (20 Euros per person), but it was very complete and delicious. We had breakfast there in 6 days out of 10 – when we had breakfast there we did not have lunch, so after all it was very worthwhile (in general, there is nothing special about food in Amsterdam, and the prices are high).

Minor points to be fixed :
- Although the bathroom has a good size, the spot for the toilet is very, very narrow.
- The TV is old and small, and placed far away from the bed, so it is hard to watch it from the bed.
- The hair drier is very weak and poor quality. It burnt down after 5 minutes of use. Actually, it melted down, it is made of cheap plastic. I called the reception and it was replaced, but they gave me a very same model, which smelled burnt after a while.
- They ask your credit card to be blocked during the check-in. The night before our check-out, I was called to go to the reception, and the staff member said they were charging all the extras, and next morning I only would have to pick-up the invoice. But on the next morning they said they have not charged it, and I had to sign again for the extras. At the same time, they would not give me a copy of my bill, so I had to pay 300 Euros and did not know what I was being charged. There were 3 members of the staff, and none of them seemed to operate the system and the printer. It took us about 30 minutes to have things solved.

In spite of it, we would definetelly stay there again.

Room Tip: Superior front room - huge and with a great view
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 November 2012

The hotel is very plain and uninteresting but the location is great. Right in the heart of the Centrum with easy access to Dam Square, Vondelpark, Rijksmuseum and the chic ninth district, also a short taxi or tram to Centraal Station.
Hotel staff were polite and helpful, the breakfast was acceptable, the facility is somewhat austere and the need to use your keycard for all elevator and stair access is indicative of the neighborhood. Spuistraat is a pedestrian street with a colorful history and many bars and restaurants as well as the famous coffee shops.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 November 2012

This was a very nice hotel with a great central location. The shuttle from Schipol took us straight to the door,booking in was fast and straightforward and the reception staff were polite and welcoming.It was pleasant to come back to our quiet room after busy days of sightseeing and we appreciated the variety of food on offer at the breakfast buffet.We really enjoyed our few days here and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JacknzNewZealand
Reviewed 25 October 2012

In October I arrived in Amsterdam after a 14 hour overnight flight about 9:30 AM. Obviously check in was later not 2 PM but 3 PM. Of course I asked if I could check in early. The Blonde Desk Manager said I could not check in before 3 PM but if I was to upgrade to a larger room for 40 Euros, I could check in immediately.
otherwise I could not check in, (I assume, even if the rooms were ready), until 3PM. I have faced the same problem in Asia and the US, and were given an early checkin for free or a small amount, or was not able to if the rooms were not ready, but not this. NH hotels is a very large organization and will succede nicely without my patronage.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business