“Take-out of choice”
Review of Nieuw Peking

Nieuw Peking
Ranked #2,414 of 4,368 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Chinese
Neighbourhood: Museum Quarter (Museumkwartier)
Description: one of the best and friendliest chinese restaurants in Amsterdam. Not expensive and good food
Reviewed 23 July 2017

This fine restaurant is my go-to place for Chinese take-out, has been for the last 25 years, if only because it is within walking distance of my dining table. The food is nice (the sichuan pork, for example, as well as the doufu zhai), the service extremely friendly, the prices affordable.

Reviewed 16 July 2017

I came here to eat after work, hopefully to have a bit of relax and a bite of good chinese food. But I am sad to say that the food was so horrible. The pork dumpling tasted like toxic plastic. I literally bite one and left them all in the dish. There were also some black pieces inside. I also asked the waitress why and she answered me that it was normal, in a really rude way. Also the spring rolls were cooked totally aweful and bad fried. They tasted really disgusting. When I went to pay they asked me if I enjoyed my dinner to make fun of me since everything was left in the dish. I will NEVER EVER go there again.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

This would be the perfect Chinese restaurant if only the food had some taste. I come here often as it is on my way, but I am disappointed every time.

Reviewed 15 March 2017

On the way home after walking around at the museum square, we stopped at this restaurant before we got on the tram. Took away some foods with us. It tasted oke, not really special.

Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Stopped in after late flight and the food was so so. Portion size was good but food was underwhelming.

Service very slow considering a lack of customers inside albeit they were nice the few and far times they would come around