See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 February 2017

stayed in a 4 bed room which was well lit and had a mini fridge, microwave and kettle.
Stayed for 3 days and can't complain at all about the service or the room, even the shared shower cubicle and toilet were kept clean and stocked with toilet paper

the only issue is that with it being a hostel it can get VERY noisy at all hours so wouldn't recommend for families with young children, in addition (through no fault of their own) the stairs are incredibly steep and there is no lift so not suitable for the elderly or hard of walking.

Room Tip: ask for a lower floor room as there are a lot of steep stairs and no lift
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

There's better hostels for a better price in Amsterdam. The room was okay, a bit smelly. There's no elevator and the stairs are pretty tiny so have fun going up loads of flights of stairs. There's no kitchen, just a fridge and a microwave and a bathroom sink in a dirty room to fill up water bottles. The internet is a joke. Reception is nice.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I had booked this hostel for a 13 day stay.
I had a condition because of which I couldn't travel but had informed the property via phone that I will not be making the trip because of personal reasons.

In a way to make money, these people told me that it will be taken care of.

Guess what, THEY CHARGED THE ENTIRE 13 DAY STAY and are now saying that it is impossible that you called and we will not give the money back.

No service provided ! Nothing !
Still they want to keep MY money. I wish them good luck enjoying the tainted deal they got themselves by taking my money.

Unhelpful service. Really terrible. Avoid at all costs and don't share your credit card details with them for booking.

How can some businesses be so inhumane !!!! Ridiculous.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank prateek360
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

This hostel is one of the most terrible places I've ever been.
It's a cheap place... I can't deny. But the local is dirty, there's no kitchen, bedrooms are small and if you have more 1,80m... you can't fit in the beds.
If you can pay for something better, pay and try another hostel.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Haroldo M
Reviewed 19 December 2016

We stayed as a group of friends for 3 nights, all of us were friends and we shared a room. It would have been a little bit unconvenient to share such a little room with strangers, so keep that in mind if you are going alone.

Tiny toilets ! The spacing problem is universal in all of Amsterdam, so it should not have come as such a surprise for us, however it's over the top tiny... Also problem with cleaning - the shower rooms are quite a few, and since there are a lot of guests the cleaning staff can't make it in time before the shower gets dirty. Lots of hair everywhere, people leave the towels by the door, etc.

The hostel has a set of rules and a strict drug policy, however it was very obvious that it was not followed at all times. Specifically outside the hostel entrance.

Last but but not least... THE stairs! Take cautiong when walking up and down - see the travelers' pictures if you want to understand what I mean.

If you are just looking for a place to crush for a couple of night at a great location (near the city center, 10 min by tram) then it's a perfect place to stay. It can get loud at nights, but we are all heavy sleepers so we didn't really get bothered by it.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends