“Fabulous authentic Thai food ”
Review of Thai Phutakun

Thai Phutakun
Ranked #125 of 4,445 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We visited here as a couple on our Amsterdam weekend. A small restaurant with the best Thai food that I have had for a long time . Highly recommend. Do book in advance

1  Thank Ann P

Reviewed 12 March 2017

We visited here on a weekend trip away and have to say that it was some the best Thai food we have Had outside of Thailand
we often look for Thai restaurants when out as we are massive fans of the food and country and this restaurant did not disappoint
Will return again

1  Thank Simba1210
Reviewed 10 March 2017

My wife and I visit Amsterdam whenever we can. We love the whole relaxed vibe and the museums / galleries are exceptional. We stumbled across this excellent restaurant on our visit last year and I've been meaning to add a review ever since.

It's never easy to know whether the food is going to live up to expectations when doing a walk-past but the proprietor was outside and we had a quick chat before deciding to go in and give it a try. We are so glad we did. The food was just fantastic.

My wife likes red curry and green curry (but not too hot). My preference is for Massaman curries and I can't abide green peppers. The food was cooked to perfection. The seating is comfortable and, price-wise, it's about what we'd expect to pay in the UK. That said, with the weakness of the £ sterling, I expect it's a little pricier now than it was. nevertheless, we wouldn't dream of eating Thai anywhere else.

Very highly recommended.

1  Thank scubanut123
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Went after seeing reviews on TripAdvisor for this place and I am so glad I did! Our last night in Amsterdam and this place was by far the best meal we have had during our trip! Service was excellent, food was out really quickly and we could see our chefs making our food and could see how fresh it was! Two clean plates by the end and the bill was 20 Euro a person with alcoholic drinks! Defiantly visit this tiny Bangkok in the centre of Dam!

1  Thank Connor H
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Came across this place with my friends on a recent trip. We had a mix starter and we all tried a different main each every course was excellent!! Thank you to the staff and keep up the good work!

1  Thank Dannyhep