Quentin Amsterdam Hotel
US$329
US$293
US$265
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$274
US$268
US$226
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$170
  • Restaurant
WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$107
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$506
US$491
  • Pool
All reviewsclean bathroomshort staycentral locationrooms are smallred light district
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights 17th 18th March. Our room was in the building next door and was ok . Great view over the canal. There is a hairdryer in the bathroom, shower good although decor is tired. I can understand why some of the reviews are poor. Tea and coffee in room with tv. Size of room was ok and the bed was comfy. There is also a lift which is small but does the job. The hotel is in a great location and there is a tram stop near by. Tram numbers 1,2 or 5 from central station. The breakfast again is ok, cold meat,cheese, eggs, bread, croissants and cereal. We found the staff to be friendly but as we did not complain about anything I suppose we would . Amsterdam is a fantastic city and this hotel is situated in a great place. If you want a bit more luxury look elsewhere. Would we book here again ? Probably not.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovetravellingx
Reviewed 15 March 2018

We stayed here for one night only on a busy Saturday. After initially booking a small room and not realising it was non refundable I had no choice but to stay here.
I read the reviews and was gutted that I couldn't get out of it.
In the end I decided to do a deal with the hotel and upgraded our room.
Despite my worst fears, on arrival I have to say the stay was ok. The room was tidy, the staff were accommodating as we arrived early morning and they stowed our bags so we could go off into town.
The bed was comfy and the room had been cleaned, not to my standards admittedly but it had been cleaned.
The shower was disappointing as kept going hot and cold and was a wet room as oppose to a cubicle.
The location is really good, just outside of the city centre for a more peaceful less busy stay and right by a major tram stop.
The negatives for me however were that they need to have more attention to detail. For instance I found broken hangers on the window sills and the signage to get to our room was non existing forcing me to go back down from the third floor to ask how we find it. It was through an unmarked fire door.
The windows didn't open properly and that meant no fresh air, there was a fan in the room though which helped.
On turning into bed the noise from upstairs was horrendous and we could here constant footsteps, crashing and banging well into the early hours. I don't know if this was just annoying guests or a thoroughfare for people getting to other rooms but I don't feel I can quite blame the hotel for that.
I can't comment on breakfast or food here as we ate out the whole time including finding a restaurant for breakfast just outside the city centre as my wife is Gluten free and we had planned to go there.
I've seen the other reviews for this place and consider that perhaps I got lucky. The stay was ok and nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be but given the choice would not stay here again.

Room Tip: When booking upgrade to a suite, clearly the smaller rooms aren't very good looking at other reviews
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tegsyjack
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I have never been so disgusted by something in my entire life. We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights, upon our arrival they weren't aware of our booking which then meant they had to contact booking.com direct which wasted a lot of our time. Eventually, we were showed to our room and instantly we picked up on the fact that this room hadn't been cleaned properly from the last people. The hotel manager who I spoke to had awful people skills and had no understanding of my situation that I was in at the time, can't think of anything positive about this hotel. Will most definitely not be returning. That's £285 completely wasted on an awful experience.

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Luckily i only spent one night here. Checked in at 7 pm and the first room i was given had not been cleaned. Was given a small bottle of wine as an apology and given an upgrade to a better room. Wrong. The second room was even worse. It was a single room with a double bed squeezed into it. This meant that the bathroom door would only open half way and there was no bedside table or anywhere to put things. Bathroom was too small to dry yourself so had to walk round the bed to an area where you could get dry after a shower. Breakfast area was too small and packed with people so could not get anything. Stairs up to the property are extremely steep, almost dangerous.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Pete D
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Checking in was great very fast and straight forward, we then headed up to our room which was in the same building as their is 2 building to the hotel. We booked in for a triple room 1 double bed 1 single as stated when booked, when we got in to the room we noticed it was actually 2 single beds put together to look like a 'double' on the 'double' bed was a perfect single mattress and small mattress one was comfortable the other was not, the single bed was placed next to the window which had no curtains just netting which isn't ideal especially when the sun is shining through you're window at 7am, room was not cleaned at all for the full 5 nights we stayed even putting the 'please make my room up today' sign on the door got ignored The cleaner knocked on our door once and gave us one set of fresh towels on the second day, our bedding was also not changed throughout our 5 night stay. We had a canal view room which quite a big window which clearly didn't shut right and it was banging throughout the night their was also a very cold breeze coming from the others windows which again isn't ideal, We paid €30 for 'breakfast' which was absolutly not even worth paying. Overall I would not stay at this hotel again this place needs a major update avoid is possible.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends