US$198
US$189
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

NH Amsterdam Museum Quarter(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$119
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$151/night.

Crowne Plaza Amsterdam South(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$128
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$145/night.

US$102
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$204
US$187
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

Ibis Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$155
  • Restaurant
Ramada Apollo Amsterdam Centre(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$105
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$155
US$86
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$111/night.

WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

Holiday Inn Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$112
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$186/night.

All reviewsthe blue roomsingel canalround bedperfect hostshosts peterthought of everythingspecial staythe location is perfectbreakfast roomeach morningbeautiful canalhome away from homelittle touchesyogurtgreat citywalked everywheretop floor
Reviewed 5 November 2011

My husband and I have traveled internationally for business and pleasure for decades. Hands down, the Kamer01 B&B in Amsterdam is the best B&B that we have ever stayed at. It is superb on multiple dimensions. Location: the historic house faces the Singel canal, with every room having a view of the swirling pedestrian, boat, and bicyle traffic along the canal and its banks. Splendid for people watching. The house is also located close to multiple tram lines and the major museums of Amsterdam. Hosts: Peter and Wolter (and their dog Tommie!) are simply lovely hosts. Peter has a droll sense of humor; Wolter, a theatrical one. Together they created a lot of laughter. And Tommie is just a happy, welcoming dog. Peter and Wolter gave excellent advice about day trips out of Amsterdam, restaurants, and museums; they made reservations with detailed transit information; they provided us with tram cards that we topped up before leaving. They provided delightful company at breakfast. Rooms: we stayed in the Red Room. It was simply stunning, with glorious reds, a mix of Dutch antiques and modern furniture, stained black floors, striated grey marble in the bathroom, and multiple unique and pleasing touches. I suspect that the other B&B room is equally beautiful. Peter is a truly gifted designer. Breakfasts: excellent. Our hosts fixed us whatever we wanted in the way of eggs and coffees and teas and always had delicious fruits, yogurts, cheeses, hams, pastries, and jams for us. The presentation every morning was an artistic delight.

It would be impossible to improve on this unique B&B experinece. We recommend Kamer01 without reservation. Susie B4

Room Tip: There are only two rooms. See our comments about the Red Room. We did not see the Blue Room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue B
Reviewed 3 November 2011

We stayed with Peter and Wolter six months ago and we still shake our heads at how lucky we were to find this absolute gem. The rooms are fantastic, the location extraordinary, the company absolutely great and the breakfasts are the best we have ever had. We would now never stay anywhere else in Amsterdam and would recommend Kamer01 without a moments hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2011

If you really want to “live” Amsterdam, this is the place for you. The owners of Kamer01, Peter and Wolter (and of course Tommie – their sweet doggie) are the definitive hosts and their knowledge of Amsterdam is encyclopedic. We are experienced travelers and have stayed in many great hotels. Two years ago we tried a B&B (for the first time) in Normandy and had a fabulous experience. We decided that staying in a canal house B&B might be the ultimate Amsterdam experience. I came across Kamer01 on the web and there were only great reviews – not one negative comment anywhere. I thought this place must be too good to be true. Well, I now have my own great review to add to all the others.

We arrived in Amsterdam off a river cruise ship much earlier than I had anticipated. We went directly to our B&B fully expecting to just drop our luggage off and apologize for our early arrival. , Peter met us at the door and was so gracious. He was surprised to see us so early, but immediately took our luggage up to the kitchen. He did some last minute checking of our room and said we could go up and get settled. We were very appreciative and knew we were off to a great start in Amsterdam.

We stayed 4 nights and really felt as if this was our home away from home. The location is simply the best. You can literally walk to everything. The breakfasts were elegantly presented, wonderful baked goods, cheese, fresh orange juice, fruit and I am sure anything else you could ask for, but I could not think of a thing. We were in the red room - very spacious with 2 large windows overlooking the canal and another window at the back. There was a sofa, chair with lots of room to spread out. The bed was very comfortable and the desk, with apple computer (although we had our own computers) was quite convenient. The internet service was complimentary and excellent – maybe better than we have at home! The very contemporary bath was a treat – well thought out with very nice fixtures and a great shower with lots of pressure. The room had fresh flowers and bottled water – what more could you ask for?

We were a bit apprehensive about the winding, narrow stairway, but quickly figured it out. Thankfully, Peter saw to our luggage. We could not have handled our luggage on the stairs. Handling ourselves was challenge enough, but added to our “real” Amsterdam experience.

Peter and Wolter were a wealth of information. I came to Amsterdam well prepared with my list and maps of things I wanted to see and do. They added good insight and suggestions. There is nothing like local knowledge. The only thing I would have done differently was to ask them how to use the trams at the beginning of our trip. We finally figured them out at the end – our mistake. This is truly a wonderful place to stay, but what make it so special are Peter, Wolter and Tommie. We enjoyed our conversations with Peter and Wolter and loved our time with Tommie – when he was awake. This is not your morning dog – but a sweet, well behaved love. Bottom line – outstanding, great attention to detail, a wonderful experience. It is worth a trip to Amsterdam just to stay here.

Room Tip: We were in the red room and did not go up to see the blue room, but I am sure you would not go wrong in either room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sanfrancisco820
Reviewed 30 October 2011

I was in Amsterdam traveling recently and was able on very short notice to secure a room at Kamer01. Due to my last minute scheduling, I stayed in both the Red Room and the Blue Room. Both were beautifully designed with great views of the canal. Kamer01 is extremely well located. The breakfasts are terrific and the fridge in the kitchen is always stocked with beers, wine, cheeses and other snacks. When you return home from dinner in the evening there are chocolates and cookies and choice liquores awaiting. What really makes Kamer01 special, however, are Peter and Walter. They are incredibly knowledgeable about Amsterdam, its history, its people and current issues. Without in the slightest being intrusive, they make sure that you are taken care of. I had a great conversation one morning with Walter about their work rennovating the building, and before long we were talking about the old Jewish synogogue in the jewish quarter and the origins of the coffee trade in Holland. I had told Peter at one point that I was developing a real taste for dutch Jenever (gin). The night before I left he suggested that I go to a Jenever tasting bar (and restaurant) around the corner, De Admiral. It was terrific. I would never have known about it if Peter had not suggested it, and it turned out to be a real trip highlight. I do not consider myself to be a Bed & Breakfast type person, and usually like just to be left alone, but I really enjoyed talking to Peter and Walter and staying at their hotel, and I'm sure you will too.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Don R
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I'm almost hesitant to write about my experience, because I want the Kamer01 to be available whenever I'm in Amsterdam! In fact, I cannot imagine staying anywhere else -- and only hope that Peter and Wolter open up a string of similar boutique hotels throughout the world!

The setting is ideal, overlooking the city's inner most canal. The breakfasts are beautifully presented, and are a gourmet selection of artfully crafted fruits, meats and cheeses, warm and freshly baked breads, eggs cooked to order, etc. There is fresh squeezed juice and perfect coffee. I was in Amsterdam for work and found that I wasn't even hungry until dinner time -- so not only was breakfast a decadent feast for the senses, it was also physically satisfying.

I stayed in the Blue Room, which is on top. The room is gorgeous, elegant, and outfitted with luxury soaps, sumptuous linens, a new computer with lightning fast internet connection, etc. (I imagine the Red Room is similarly divine.) The decor is six star quality, and in fact much cooler and luxurious than rooms/suites where I've stayed at the Chateau Marmont, Soho Grand in NY, the Four Seasons, the Ritz, the Beverly Hills Hotel, the Berkeley in London, etc. This place is really that nice -- a hand-cut jewel that radiates taste, elegance, artistry and soul.

The attention to detail is unparalleled. For example, there are written instructions on how to operate the television, the heat, the lights, etc., and with easy to understand (for this American!) visuals. There are two bottles of water in handwrapped paper waiting in your room, twin chocolates offered upon check-in, a fridge stocked with waters, juices, beer, soda, chocolate bars, mixed nuts, etc., etc. I was traveling with a business colleague, who was put up at another hotel, and she practically turned the color of Van Gogh's sunflowers when she visited my room.

Beyond the accommodations, Peter, Wolter and Tommie the Beagle helped with taxis, directions, restaurants, chocolatiers, and keeping the senses aloft, etc. In fact, as I had already been traveling for a couple weeks and asked for a 24-hour laundry service in the neighborhood, Peter actually washed a load of my clothes and expertly folded them, etc. This is top notch, white glove service.

Also, the location is unbeatable, impeccable, inspiring. It was my first trip to Amsterdam, and I'm really wondering what took so long -- but the Kamer01 was a huge part of the unforgettable experience. I am already hoping to visit again soon.

If the world was like Peter and Wolter's exquisite creation, then it wouldn't be the world -- it would be heaven.

You owe it to yourselves to stay here... even if that means I shall be forced on occasion to slum it at the Dylan, etc. ;)

P.S. This is the first review I've ever written about a hotel, but once you stay here, you'll feel compelled too! Bon voyage! And to those of you booking now, you don't know how lucky you are!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo