“The worst place ever. Don’t go in ”
Review of Cafe Emmelot

Cafe Emmelot
Ranked #3,561 of 4,469 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t go in. The service is rude and charge you with €0.5 for going to the restroom. Choose another place but not this one. This has been the worst experience ever.

1  Thank teregs1

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We were looking for a friendly, small, brownish bar and found this. There were TV screens showing football, which was a minus, but we heard good music through the door rather than football commentary, so we went in. Three of us had different drinks, all good. Bar lady very friendly and helpful, and singing along to music. We felt so comfortable I didn't even have to try to persuade my sisters to stay for another, despite a firm plan to leave after one drink. Thanks for a pleasant cosy time!!!

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately I found this pub on my way back to the station. The woman bartender was really unkind and un please, seemed to be annoyed to receive a new customer. I had a very expensive drink and ... surprise, to receipt: when I asked for it the annoyed bartender took a normal piece of paper and wrote price and date with signature on it, I wonder if this is legal in the Netherlands, in Italy same pub would have closed due to finance police regulation
Additionally toilet was small and very dirty. Very bad experience

1  Thank Ivan U
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I have just returned from a trip away to Amsterdam and made a grave mistake of calling into Cafe Emmelot for a drink. Apart from paying 8 euro's for each drink, I was then forced to pay to use the urinals. As part of the European Union, I'm sure they have to provide toilets for their customers. I was forced to pay 1 euro, we all had to, and this is despite an 85 Euro bill for one round. Incidentally, when I used their ablutions they only had one men's toilet. It was missing a toilet seat and it was dirty.
When I challenged the Manager she was just downright rude. I will never return there!
You've been warned

3  Thank garyggg2018
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a drink to rest our legs after walking all day.Nice atmosphere and pleasant staff.Beer €3 for a tap beer.
Right by the side of a canal.Heaters provided if sitting out.In red light district,good people watching.Cash only.