“Average Pub Grub with a Cosy Ambience”
Review of Cannibale Royale

Cannibale Royale
Ranked #191 of 4,315 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Cuisines: French, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Cannibale Royale, brasserie extraordinaire fulfills all needs for anyone who loves good food, lots of meat, exotic beers and the most beautiful wines. We love to welcome you in one of our locations in Amsterdam.
Reviewed 4 February 2018

The search for a decent meat and steak joint in Amsterdam brought my friends and me to the Cannibale Royale. Having heard great reviews about the Cannibale Royale, we were not disappointed to find that the menu had a list of affordably priced pub grub that looked and smelled equally savoury. We ordered 5 dishes, the Chicken with Pineapple, the 300 grams Steak, the Lamb, the Ribs, and the Cannibale Royale Burger. After exchanging several bites of each dish, I had a taste of my own- their house burger, which seemed to have a following judging from the customers in my vicinity.

Unfortunately, I was rather put off by the dry-ness of the bun that held the burger together. It had a dry crust with a slightly moist centre, absorbing all the sauces from the various condiments placed in the burger, making it rather soggy with time. The bun had little fragrance, and was not able to bring out the essence of the burger's other components. The meat patty had a slightly chalky after taste, and packed a juicy centre, marred by a slightly charred external. The pulled pork seemed to be an after-thought, rather than part of the burger, while the cheddar cheese that was melted onto the top of the patty had a burnt and harsh taste that left a searing, lingering scent at the back of the throat and nostrils. To me, none of the ingredients truly mashed well together.

Saying that, if you are looking for a raw pub grub place to chill, Cannibale Royale does the trick.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We had the ribs and steak (modeste). Yes there are minimal vegetables but we didn’t miss them. The place was really cool, excellent music. The food was incredible, and was probably the best steak I have eaten. Fairly pricy, but well worth it

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Though we think they were a bit understaffed (only two people taking and serving orders), and the place can get pretty crowded, but the service was relatively fast. Food was tasty, quality meat, nice atmosphere with funky decor, and nice playlist too! In terms of prices: we spent a little over 50 euros for two pax which included the big steak with potatoes on the side each, a bowl of salad, and soft drinks. Will go again :)

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I highly recommend this place for amazing, deliciously, tasty, finger licking, falling off the bone ribs!!!!! Hands down the best tasting ribs I've ever had! The service however was quite slow, we waited 30 mins before our food arrived and there were other tables getting food before us even though they had arrived after us!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited last week and had the best meal of our whole holiday.

The venue itself is lovely and warm, it has great decor and the staff were friendly and welcoming.

We both had the flat iron steaks which were cooked perfectly, and we had three sides which were all just as good as each other. (Would definitely recommend the Mac and cheese!)

Despite being full off our mains, we shared the cheesecake which was also incredible.

Great drinks and great atmosphere, would definitely go again on our next trip.