“Very bad service”

Price range: US$7 - US$22
Cuisines: French, Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Description: Cannibale Royale, brasserie extraordinaire fulfills all needs for anyone who loves good food, lots of meat, exotic beers and the most beautiful wines. We love to welcome you in one of our locations in Amsterdam.
Reviewed 13 February 2018

The food was great, but we had an asian-looking girl with white hair "serving" us who was unpleasant from the start, was very reluctant to answer our questions, served me the wrong size of beer, then was annoyed I asked to change it, couldn't tell us how much we had to pay at the end... Basically I think she would have been happy if we'd served ourselves. It's just a pity, as we were really looking forward to eating here, as friends recommended it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,188)

Reviewed 13 February 2018

not a surprise since we heard about the place but we were not disapointed.
very big juicy tasty burgers. a nice place to sit and enjoy.
we had fun and came out happy

Reviewed 6 February 2018

We visited this restaurant in January. We did have to book before hand and I would advise booking in advance. The service was efficient and at a good standard. The atmosphere was great, there was such a good ambience. We both ordered the ribs and was very impressed. The meat was tender and fell right off the bone. We would definitely visit here again.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

The search for a decent meat and steak joint in Amsterdam brought my friends and me to the Cannibale Royale. Having heard great reviews about the Cannibale Royale, we were not disappointed to find that the menu had a list of affordably priced pub grub that looked and smelled equally savoury. We ordered 5 dishes, the Chicken with Pineapple, the 300 grams Steak, the Lamb, the Ribs, and the Cannibale Royale Burger. After exchanging several bites of each dish, I had a taste of my own- their house burger, which seemed to have a following judging from the customers in my vicinity.

Unfortunately, I was rather put off by the dry-ness of the bun that held the burger together. It had a dry crust with a slightly moist centre, absorbing all the sauces from the various condiments placed in the burger, making it rather soggy with time. The bun had little fragrance, and was not able to bring out the essence of the burger's other components. The meat patty had a slightly chalky after taste, and packed a juicy centre, marred by a slightly charred external. The pulled pork seemed to be an after-thought, rather than part of the burger, while the cheddar cheese that was melted onto the top of the patty had a burnt and harsh taste that left a searing, lingering scent at the back of the throat and nostrils. To me, none of the ingredients truly mashed well together.

Saying that, if you are looking for a raw pub grub place to chill, Cannibale Royale does the trick.

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We had the ribs and steak (modeste). Yes there are minimal vegetables but we didn’t miss them. The place was really cool, excellent music. The food was incredible, and was probably the best steak I have eaten. Fairly pricy, but well worth it