Wherels
US$114
US$95
Agoda.com
US$148
Ibis Styles Haarlem City(Haarlem)(Great Value!)
US$115
US$108
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2014

I booked Wherels for my partners birthday break and what a fantastic place it was. Full of Dutch charm in a beautiful side street 5 minutes from the station, 5 minutes from the Grote market and town centre. We opted for the continental breakfast, this was delivered promptly at the time requested and was plenty for the 2 of us. Fresh fruit, breads, cold meat and cheeses. All the amenities were very good. The tiny down fall was the very small shower/toilet but no real big issue. Strongly recommend Wherels as an alternative to Zandvoort or Amsterdam. Both places being just a short train ride away on the very good Dutch train service. Many, many thanks to Wherels

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 13 September 2014

Even though the reviews on here are generally reliable it is always a bit of a gamble trying out a new place. I was on a cycling holiday with friends but only joined the group later in the year when rooms had been booked, and so I had left it a bit late to get a room. Not for the first time I ignored the hotels and looked at B&Bs and was not disappointed with this choice. The lady who runs the B&B could not have been more helpful as I dithered for a while with the booking. From the moment my cycling companion and I arrived I was enchanted with the place. The owner let us put our bikes inside the house which was helpful. We had the 'apartment' which is part of the main house and had a kitchen/seating area, a large bathroom and a double bedded room which opened out on to an internal courtyard. The room was 'cosy' if a little tight on space but the bed was big enough to allow two cycling chums (males) room to sleep without any difficulty!
The bathroom was amazing. A large room with whirlpool bath and a seating area with a shower over the bath. Breakfast, in a separate room overlooking the street, was excellent and the hostess friendly yet unobtrusive.
Outside, the street was narrow enough to be free of traffic and it was very pleasant sat outside on the garden bench, the street overhung with trailing vines, watching the few neighbours, and cats, passing by.
The location was superb. Only a few minutes walk from the central market square with the main church and restaurants. I liked the town. Friendly people. Surprisingly busy, so a good vibrant night life but safe enough to wander about the streets. Would recommend this B&B, especially to couples, and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JohnKaye1949
Reviewed 2 September 2014

I loved the hospitality and slept beautifully in a serene bedroom with delicious European bedding and that overlooked a garden. Elaborate continental breakfast with croissant and fresh fruit was delivered in a basket to my door each morning. I stayed in the charming Canal House, overlooking a canal, but all the accommodations are convenient in the quaint town of Haarlem.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very small B&B but very friendly and helpful proprietors. Right in the center of old town but very quiet lane. All sights were easily walkable from B&B, including the train station. Comfortable bed and large room. Excellent breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobe2
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were staying at Wherels's Canal House for 3 nights. The house is really by the canal which is really nice. The location is close to city centre and less than 15mins walk from train station. One thing is that there are a prostitute houses at the alleys behind the house.

The house is cozy and really give a home feeling. We especially like the kitchen that we did cook a meal one night. Since we are 3 people, 2 of us were sleeping on the double bed and one needed to slept at the attic. Finally, nice breakfast was served everyday.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends