“Exquisite food on canal quay”

Ratatouille Food & Wine
Ranked #18 of 340 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: French, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

On a very hot day we enjoyed a three course lunch consisting of succulent hay smoked ham and asparagus, three versions of mutton and a dessert with lambada strawbwrries. The accompanying wines, advised by the young but very knowledgeable sommelier were superb. Thoroughly enjoyed it!

1  Thank DutchM4154QO

Reviewed 21 May 2017 via mobile

The food was outstanding. The service was top. The prices great for a michelin star. I would give a 5, but unfortunately the set up of the restaurant makes it very noisy and it took away from the experience. I felt like I had to tell across our tiny table to understand my husband, because there was so much noise. Also kept seeing the service taking away buckets of plates as the kitchen is in the middle of restaurant and the dishwasher in another part. So that took away from the ambiance. Would most definitely go away as it was a great experience. The best ratatouille I've eaten ever. The vegetarian options were great. Just need to improve the sound as it took away from having a romantic evening.

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We were not completely positively surprised with our visit. The food was ok but certainly not fantastic. The white wine was ok but not served chilled. The ambiance was cosy but had no warmth. Staff was abundant but had a slightly arrogant appearance.

Reviewed 17 February 2017

I arrived with a group of 3 for lunch, and without a reservation. From the start, we were treated really kindly, and were able to be seated at a table near the river. Our server explained what they offered, and we never looked at their menu, opting for the 3 course 'surprise' menu. We ate slowly and savored each course, which was fully explained by our servers. The courses consisted of beautifully creative combinations of taste, texture, form; all presented on the plate brilliantly. It was a pleasure just to look at what the chefs had done. The portions were small, and each plate had inventive combinations which always surprised us. Visually , there was a sense of humor in some of the manipulation ingredients. But, regardless of presentation and/or culinary category, the taste was superb. Each element on the plate contributed to all of the expected sensory pleasures, which are so often missing in average restaurant experiences. The wines were excellent, and at then end of the third course, our server offered us dessert choices, which we weren't expecting. We weren't disappointed by what he brought for the final course. I hadn't looked at nor asked for prices on anything, and was expecting a rather hefty bill. I was pleasantly surprised by amount to pay. We had superb food, service, and a wonderful time sitting in the shade by the river. The only drawback I can think of is that it was sometimes difficult to talk , due to the car traffic behind the glass barrier between us and the restaurant itself. But, I wouldn't trade the experience of having such wonderful food and the pleasure of watching life on the river for a quiet room inside. Considering how happy my guests and I were, our meal was a bargain. I highly recommend Ratatouille!

1  Thank detlef44
Reviewed 28 January 2017 via mobile

Food and ambiance are nice but certainly not excellent. Service is very good and location is nice. Wouldn't go there too often.