“ I like this place!”

Urban Frenchy Bistro Toujours
Reserve with
Urban Frenchy Bistro Toujours is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 333 Restaurants in Haarlem
Price range: US$0 - US$48
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic urban Frenchy bistro offering great French wines at surprisingly affordable prices, lobsters, dry aged beef and oysters.
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Dinner out in Haarlem, we picked this from the list suggested by TripAdvisor based on the menu and the reviews.
I must say that this is the best place for service we experienced in the whole trip in the Netherlands... excellent people and wonderful service.
The menu is well prepared, not many choices between meat and fish, the creativity is not "at the top" but the execution is perfect.
We tasted the lobster, the chicken, the chevice and other dishes, all well prepared and served.
Also prices are not high and interest.
Recommended.

There are newer reviews for Urban Frenchy Bistro Toujours

Reviewed 29 July 2017

Living already 10 years outside Netherlands we had some challenges to select a restaurant for our 25th marriage anniversary with the family. Searching on trip advisor we found the bistro Toujours, nearby the Haarlem city hall, where we married 25 years ago. Together with Toujours team we were able to select a brilliant menu, starting with some cheese and cold meat platters, with some nice bubbles. As we came with a group of 19, they offered us a beautiful private room, with own access to the terras in front.
We chose for the BETTER menu. Both starters and desserts were a combination of various tastes. Main dishes could be chosen by the guests. The SURF&TURF was delicious, but I heard same remarks from the other guests. We asked them to select the best wine selection and I must say, they did a great job. Most remarkable was the Visciole dessert wine. We actually found it recently on internet and bought a box of 6. Fantastic. Apart from the great food, the beautiful composition and wines, I must also compliment the staff. Excellent service. For a great evening, I can recommend Toujours as an excellent choice.

1  Thank MarkBeijing
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

We stop by only for glass of wine and we have excellent service. Sommelier have some time to chat with us. After those wines we went wandering for a while in Haarlems streets but we must come back for a champagne. Again we were welcome with a joy. After little while we get some cheese and croquettes on the house. Nice suprise. Again we have nice time with the sommelier.

1  Thank joppe2015
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We went here, on a saturday night and had an absolutely lovely dinner. I had two starters as a main, which was no problem at all. The wine was great and I'm in love with key lime pie. Never had one before so I don't know how the real thing tastes but I actually don't really care cause this one is to die for as far as I'm concerned ;)
Oh and the service was great too!
Definitely one to go to.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

Stayed in Haarlem briefly in an Airbnb. While there I had had asked the owner for recommendations. Toujours was on his list. I was so happy with our first visit (excellent coffee, chicken wings, bitterballens and pulled pork sandwich) that we returned the next day for brunch. This time, opted for the Canadian Lobster dish and it was delicious. I'd suggest you start with an appetizer if you are looking for a complete meal.

Will definitely be back again if I'm in Haarlem!