“Nice and cosy place, friendly staff”
Review of Fortuyn Haarlem

Fortuyn Haarlem
Reserve with
Fortuyn Haarlem is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 333 Restaurants in Haarlem
Cuisines: French, Spanish
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

On the outside, it looks like a regular cafe/bar/diner, but on the inside it turns out to be quite huge. We opted for a tapas-style dinner, so we ordered basically a cheese and a meat board. Both were very nice, no too shabby with the portions and lovely fresh bread. Also had some gambas, which were really 2D4. :-) Nice draught beers, very friendly staff and an altogether relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant also has an outdoor seating area, but it was raining cats and dogs so we did not get to enjoy that. Within walking distance of anything in the Haarlem city centre. We arrived late, which is why we were able to get a table at short notice, so do make reservations on weekend nights.

There are newer reviews for Fortuyn Haarlem

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Great terrace, decent food and very friendly staff. We had a club sandwich and a tosti, both very tasty and with quality ingredients.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

We travel with four children, three adults and one disabled elderly in-law.
We were pleasantly surprised to find this place that was able to seat us (party of 8) at a very busy hour. Not only that, but the staff was super friendly as well!
Servers were able to provide suggestions to beers and dishes and told us the chef was Portuguese and does indeed make a delightful Portuguese dish. Although we weren't too keen on the Dutch beers, the food was great. A great menu with options for children.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended by the hotel concierge.
Packed outside so I walked in and grabbed a table in the sun by the window.
Table had just been vacated so previous customers plates were there.
It took s good 25 mins before someone appeared with some soup and a burger. To which I explained i haven't been served as yet.
Table cleared and menu appeared
I ordered the fortuyn burger and a cucumber and mint juice.
The burger was very pink and raw inside which the waitress explained this is how they serve. I wasn't offered an option to how I would like it cooked.
The juice and burger and fries were mediocre and I was disappointed.
My bill included an extra €3.50 which turned out to be a soup I didn't order or eat.
I won't return and won't recommend as they are busy enough despite my experience

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Have eaten here many times when I lived in Holland and always visit when I am back. This evening we got their late but were given a table quickly. My daughter who is vegan had bought some food to eat at home and we were going to get take out as it was late and we had had a challenging travel day. Takeout options were small and the staff did their utmost to make her feel looked after and offer to make her a special dish. In the end my husband and son got take out and she and I ate at home. This is a great restaurant and wished we had had more time to enjoy a full dinner here. Staff are great.