Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$121
View deal
PricelineUS$121
eDreamsUS$121
Agoda.comUS$121
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
Destinia.com
All reviews train station nice hotel beautiful city some tlc i highly recommend this hotel small refrigerator old town nice atmosphere few minutes walk top class terrasse stylish grandeur personnel diner
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2019

The staff is so friendly and helpful. The hotel and rooms are very clean. Outdoor seating space for food and drink. Very reasonably priced for such a nice hotel. Beds are comfy, spacious rooms and a very good breakfast buffet. Zwolle is a small town about an hour out of Schiphol by train. We really enjoyed our stay here. A shout out to Julien! He is a great server, very personable and helpful. He also knew exactly where the train station was, no need for a car hire. Hahaha. Sorry, a bit of an inside joke. I hope he reads this. Btw, the train station is maybe a two minute walk......
This is the place to stay if you ever find yourself in Zwolle!

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Merry1traveling
Reviewed 18 May 2019 via mobile

We had lunch on the terrace on a nice sunny May Day and found the waitress to be excellent. We had a Caesar salad and a sandwich both of which were lovely. Service was prompt and unobtrusive. Prices are reasonable for a terrace out the front of a hotel.
The bar area is very nice and old style. We ordered a Prosecco but they were out of it so they opened a much more expensive bottle of champagne and gave us that at the same price of the prosecco. Just the first glass unfortunately:)
We stayed next door in Pillows. See review

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2019 via mobile

Dog friendly and elevator to ground level (my dog is a bit unsteadily) so great as avoiding stairs at front of hotel (very grandiose stairs!)
Good spacious rooms with huge shower - light rooms with big windows - lovely to sit on the terrace outside; service and food was very superb - attentive staff
Great bike hire which works out so well.
Great position right by great train line, 5 mins walk from fabulous zwolle center and lots of trendy people about.
Cleaning device were great going into our room when I ask them directly as we were in the room to much (working holiday) only going out up to an hour a day.

NOT SO GOOD - found 3 fully exposed plugs in our room, we presume 240v live (can kill you!) two of which were about 5 cm’s From our dogs face/nose; we kind-heartedly reported it; they only fixed 2 out of 3 of them, but did fix the two promptly.
Paid I think 18e per night supplement for our dog, stayed 3 nights, but they definately didn’t vacuum the carpet once during our stay from Sunday to Wednesday .. I picked up the bits daily of it myself but still did leave enough bits to hopefully show them the next day it needing vacuuming!! .. which sadly didn’t happen - I am sure however had I asked, they would have done it, so perhaps my bad not asking?

(Not Hotel’s fault AT ALL...) please be careful - this hotel and the hotel ‘Pillows’ next door attract people with upwards of 150e per night to spend; both myself and my husband during a 4 night stay both seperately encountered a gentleman who first asks you are you English... then continues to hassle you which I presume, if you don’t move away quickly (which my husband did) or shout very loudly ‘leave me alone’ repeatedly (which I did!) he would ask you for money ... even when shouting so people were looking over ... he continued to ask me if I was English ... follow me.... and didn’t leave until after about 20 seconds ... at which point he walked slowly in front and turned around maybe 5 times to watch me - this does feel a very safe area and sadly seems a one off same guy - description for people - Afro carabean nationality (Sorry can’t spell :-), 5 foot 8 ‘ish, very short hair

Loved our stay, but due to hotel possibly killing us or our dog! ... sadly have to give it an average :-) this stuff was very clearly seen and I guess they don’t encourage cleaning service to report maintenance issues back to reception, especially when people vacate each time and I presume a deeper clean is done - 2 out of 3 of exposed plugs were very clearly seen from many feet away on completely exposed wall - 3rd plug was clearly seen from feet away under the bed side table (fully open bedside table)

Would go back as lovely hotel but would be more pro-active reporting the two issues :-)

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank dawn_ace
HotelWientjes, Sales & Front Office employee at Bilderberg Grand Hotel Wientjes, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2019

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and thank you for all your compliments! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. My apologies for the open plugs in your room, I am glad that to hear that two out of three were fixed quickly after you reported the problem to our front desk. I would like to let you know that the third plug is a telephone port, which is not dangerous without coverage. That is why our technician did not cover this last one up. Next to that, we will keep an eye out to the guy you are describing in your review. We of course want our guests to feel safe!

Thanks again for your feedback, we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 21 March 2019 via mobile

Hitel located few meters from the train station, and short walking distance from city center.
Room was clean and pleasant to stay in, very friendly staff and ok breakfast.
Would defenitly stay there again when in Zwolle.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelWientjes, Front Office & Sales at Bilderberg Grand Hotel Wientjes, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2019

Dear guest,

Thanks a lot for writing your review, good to hear you enjoyed your visit to Zwolle! Thank you for all your compliments and positive words, I'll gladly pass them on to the rest of the team.

We are looking forward to welcome you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 February 2019 via mobile

The room was freezing, the radiator was loop warm and I could not get air con to work. The bed was lovely and comfortable along with a quilt that was needed that was oh so soft. The WiFi worked well. In the main the rooms was quiet but I could here every time a door closed. The breakfast was nothing special, although the scrambled eggs and well cooked bacon went down well.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ChrisandJulieM
IlkeHellendoorn, Front Office & Sales at Bilderberg Grand Hotel Wientjes, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2019

Dear Chris and Julie,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! I am sorry to hear that some parts of your stay did not live up to your expectations. We have discussed your comment about the room temperature with our housekeeping manager, as the heater should have been turned on before your arrival. I am sorry if this was not the case when you arrived. In case you stay with us again, please let us know when you are cold and we will be happy to provide you with another heater! Next to that, I have passed on your comments about the noisy doors to our technician and he will have a look at it. I am however happy to hear that you enjoyed the bed, thank you for the compliment!

We hope to welcome you back in the future! You may always contact me personally to make a reservation, by sending an email to ilke.hellendoorn@bilderberg-grandhotelwientjes.nl.