“Delicious, cheap and Authentic Chinese food”
Review of Hung Kee

Hung Kee
Ranked #437 of 1,287 Restaurants in Rotterdam
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Cool
Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

My friend who is Chinese used to go to Rotterdam regularly on business trips and always eats here. She sent me pictures of the roast duck here and it looked so good!

So on a trip to the Netherlands I decided I must ask her for the name of the place and try it. I was not dissapointed!

The seating is Canteen style, prices are very cheap. The Roast duck was amazing, very aromatic and full of flavour inside and out. The Ho fun ( thick rice noodles) were very tender and delicious, possibly homemade? They also serve traditional Chinese congee even in the evening and it was fantastic.

We do not speak any Dutch and luckily they have a menu at the til in many European languages and Chinese.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

We ordered chicken soja this is a Don't do it meal. The chicken and soja was tasteless. But my friend ordered chicken salt and pepper. And this was so yummy! So if you want to eat something which you don't have in every restaurant then try the chicken in salt and peper only

Reviewed 25 April 2018

Great portions, you get a lot of food. They have a large menu also. On top of that, they are open all night, so me and my friends always get something to eat here after we club. Fast service, without the hassle and inexpensive. That's all.

Reviewed 8 March 2018 via mobile

This place was quite busy when we arrived, which is always a good sign. We only had to wait about 7-10 minutes or so before we were shown to our table.
The service was nice, and even though the food was extremely fresh it was however very bland. This is a problem we’ve encountered a lot in the Netherlands when it comes to Asian or Indian food. After having eaten at many amazing Asian restaurants literally all over the world, we have realized that most Asian places in the NL make food for the Dutch palate. For example, the Shrimp egg foo yung was again very fresh, but the gelatinzed sauce it was served with was only sweet, if anything. The black bean sauce that my husband’s dish came was absolutely tasteless. I mean, it literally had no taste. After pouring a ghastly amount of soy sauce and dousing our food chilli oil, only then were we able to consume our food. The Dutch couple sitting next to us were probably horrified as they saw us empty out the chilli and soy bottles.
Again the food was warm and fresh, but everything was tasteless.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed the beef and kailan. The beef is thinly sliced and tender with generous amounts of light but flavorful gravy. The soup is slightly too salty for my taste but tastes good.