US$64
US$61
US$48
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Hostel Room Rotterdam(Rotterdam)(Great Value!)
US$67
US$55
  • Breakfast included
Bienvenue(Rotterdam)
US$69
US$51
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$63/night.

US$72
US$164
US$141
  • Pool
2,187 results
All reviewslido restaurantcruise shipclub roomwater taxiengine roomocean linerpromenade deckship hotelcomplete tourocean barpublic roomsbeautiful shipopen deckold ladyport holesformer gloryunique experience
Reviewed 28 November 2015

I was really impressed by my stay on SS Rotterdam. It was a great conference venue and an amazing hotel as well. The ship is fitted out in most of its original decor, fittings and fixtures and is a really nostalgic and evocative experience, with pictures from the cruising era dotted throughout the ship. The room (suite?) was huge and comfortable. Dining choices were also good. I didn't get to do any sight seeing so can't really comment on location, but as an experience I would recommend staying here to anyone and a great location for a conference.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
ssRotterdam, Front Office Manager at SS Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2015

Dear mistermikeuk,

Thank you very much for your nice review! It is absolutely wonderful to learn that your had a 'nostalgic and evocative experience'!
I sincerely hope to welcome you on board for a return visit!

Reviewed 27 November 2015

I have read several of the other reviews and some parts I find surprising. We stayed during a trip to celebrate our wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. We had dinner and breakfast on board (some days) and we rate both excellent especially dinner. The staff were helpful and even provided me with a plug to charge my MP4 player. The water taxi was great and we used it several times. The only possible downside would be that we had an inside cabin and hence no porthole. Not a problem for us but it could be a little difficult for some people. We also found that we had to phone to book a water taxi when it got dark which one of the taxi drivers told us to do and which the staff didn't mention. The SS Rotterdam is not in the centre of the city so bear that in mind when booking. You will either have to use the water taxi, the free shuttle bus to the metro station or walk. All in all a superb stay which we would recommend to anyone and we will certainly consider staying there again.

Room Tip: The rooms are spacious but some rooms do not have portholes so bear that in mind when booking.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
ssRotterdam, Front Office Manager at SS Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2015

Dear Margaret S,

Thank you very much for your 5-star review on the TripAdvisor website and your stay on board the ss Rotterdam! I sincerely hope to welcome you again for a return visit!

Reviewed 20 November 2015

I attended a Trade Conference on board the SS Rotterdam this past week. I was actually the organizer and could not ask for a better group of people to assist in getting the conference set up. The Account Manager Justine and the Rooms Division Manager Ankie could not have been more helpful in getting 35 people from all over the world to this conference. The entire venu was well presented and all attendee's were more than satisfied with their stay on board the SS Rotterdam and the conference was fantastic. Thank you SS Rotterdam and Justine and Ankie

Room Tip: Water Taxi is a great start to your stay on board the SS Rotterdam.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
ssRotterdam, Front Office Manager at SS Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear goeffer,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us and the TripAdvisor-visitors! Great to hear you had such a pleasant stay and successful conference! I will pass your kind words to Justine and Ankie!
We hope to welcome you on board the ss Rotterdam in the near future!

Reviewed 16 November 2015

The Ship is busy. This means there are often long queues to check in or out. When one does check in, the staff are first class. If you see a bus arrive, run like crazy to get to the reception.

Food very good, tours seem ok, security high and good and staff impressive.

House Keeping a bit sloppy with quickly attended to duties, probably from being so busy.

Severely lacking and an amazing oversight, is the lack of other languages on hand to assist with information. eg the gift shop, a place where good GP can be gained from sales by the owners, has only DUTCH. So we bought nothing since we could not understand what was what. Staff were very helpful and even mentioned they had tried to have this changed, but no one seems to listen. When i asked reception about this, they said "we have english in the lift!!"

The only place i could learn more about the ship or Rotterdam was on my pc online. No material on the ship could enhance my stay with interesting info in English. The ship does offer tours yes, but not everyone has time for these.

One useful tip for the owners.... there are often well placed historical photos of people aboard the ship when it was running...some of the them well known for their day. These are GREAT photos. They are often large - a meter square or so. But then there are great areas of blank walls in the passageways where there is nothing. It would not matter if photos were duplicated around the ship as guests only have access to their corridors..

Lastly its kinda cute that all the staff where naval type uniforms. Unless i am mistaken and the ship sails around the harbour each night without tell guests, i am not sure that these uniforms are there to slightly trick us or remind us that we are on a floating hotel.

I would go back again....but take a dutch person with me to interpret things.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not have a giant piece of wood sticking out the end of the bed. we had numerous injuries from this
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
ssRotterdam, Front Office Manager at SS Rotterdam, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2015

Dear Biggles W,

Thank you very much for your review on this TripAdvisor-website!
I find it wonderful to hear that you had an enjoyable stay on board. I will discuss your comments about the possibility to provide our guests with more English information with our management team!

Thank you very much for your stay. I sincerely hope to welcome you again on board in the near future!

Reviewed 13 November 2015

Old cruise vessel now used as hotel, moored in the harbour of Rotterdam. The ship / hotel is restored in its old style from the 1950's, but has all modern amenities: WiFi, flat screen tv, very good matresses. In the ship are several bars and restaurants. Also used for conferences.
Downtown Rotterdam can be reached by watertaxi, which you can board directly from the ship. Trip takes only a few minutes.

Dear Henk P,

Thank you very much for your five-star review on this website! The city centre indeed is very close by when traveling by water taxi!
I hope to welcome you again on board in the near future!