“Memorable Stay”

Crowne Plaza Den Haag - Promenade
Ranked #20 of 68 Hotels in The Hague
Reviewed 8 November 2017

My self along with my wife stayed at this beautiful property for two nights during July 2017. It was one of the most memorable stay here for both of us.
The hotel is very well kept, neat and clean, the staff is really wonderful, service with a smile and very helpful.
The room was very comfortable, the real balcony was opening out to jungle area, good view. Bed, mattresses and pillows were nice and comfortable, spacious bath room, good shower.
Complimentary breakfast was having good spread, lot of variety, good food.
I would like to strongly recommend it to fellow travelers.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

A great quality hotel near the conference centre in The Hague. Room was new and well decorated with big bed, and working area. Fast free WiFi. Breakfast was good with a good variety of cooked and cold options. Staff were helpful and friendly throughout the hotel, throughout my stay. Great quality and value.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Absolutely recommendable hotel within walking distance of the World Forum, with easy access to trams a few steps away - practical but quiet location. The foyer is inviting and stylish; so are the spacious rooms with excellent beds and all necessary facilities. Super clean in bedroom and bathroom. The shower temperature was difficult to adjust - quite hot. Nothing else to complain about: all over a very good hotel of high standard through the years.
Super friendly and engaged staff; professional yet warm attitude.
The prices in the restaurant are quite high; yet both the atmosphere, the design, and certainly the quality of the food and its presentation are impeccable. Very well-assorted breakfast buffet that leaves nothing to wish for.

A true pleasure to stay at this hotel!

Room Tip: Good views over the city or a park from rooms on the top/5th floor - with spacey balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank GabriellaJR
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

The staff is very nice, my room was clear and it was very comfortable. The wellness centre is realy good, perfect for forget the daly rush and have a rest! I was there just one night but I’am sure will book again when I travel to Den Haag.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2017

We must have had bad luck - but were very disappointed with our stay. The 5* rating and the tripadvisor rating are totally opposite our experience. The climate control was not functioning properly and while we were trying to cool the room it was heating up requiring to open windows causing quite some disturbing traffic noise from early morning and some during the night. The beds were actually very comfortable and other than the fact that the at reception promised king size turned out to be two twin size - I'm happy to see such quality beds at any hotel. The minibar containing a sparkling and non-sparkling water was not working. According to the manual the charge for a filled minibar is EUR 45/ day. While I've seen more nowadays that minibars are only filled at request - never have I seen that customers are required to buy the full stock. Room service is possible as well at EUR 7,50 extra per delivery. The nespresso machine does not contain the original Nespresso and hotel staff cannot be bothered to greet guests who walk in towards their room, which should be common practice particularly at a 5* hotel. Two elevators - which can take a while to come. Breakfast spread was fine, but warm dishes not at temperature. At least the coffee was decent. Proximity to tram to both the beach (Scheveningen) and the centre (2 lines) and the World Forum is convenient, but would say the Novotel down the road is way better. While I regular stay at hotels around the world, I believe this was my first stay at the Crowne Plaza and based on this experience would consider the chain at the bottom of my list and even the lower end of Accor hotels (Ibis, Ibis budget) would have a preference over this.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here - probably lower floors so you can walk to lobby rather than waiting for th...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Den Haag - Promenade, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Hello justinveenstra,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and for the overall condition of the room assigned to you which caused a lot of inconvenience. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I’d like to contact you privately so we have sent you a private message.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G