“Best Peruvian Food!!!”

Price range: US$35 - US$59
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 March 2016 via mobile

If you have not tasted Peruvian food before, you are missing one the best cuisines in the world. A combination of Hispanic, Asian and Latin America indigenous food that brings amazing spice flavors to fish, seafood, chicken, pork or beef. From ceviche, simple fish and seafood with onions, cilantro and fresh lemon juice to tender lomo saltado a sauté sirloin on a rice and fries bed.

This is an authentic Peruvian restaurant, make reservations. You will have one of the best meals in Antwerp.

Reviewed 10 March 2016

Me and three other friends had a Eur 20 Groupon voucher for a Eur 45 meal, a great way of discovering new restaurants at a fraction of the cost. All of us were so thrilled about the quality of food, the service (the waiters and even the chef came to explain what exactly we were going to eat, how it was cooked/marinated, etc...., the quaint little restaurant ! I will definitely eat here again next time I'll be in my home town Antwerp.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

just few words: you'll see me there again!

tastes out of the common, hospitality with capital h, right price for the service

Reviewed 10 January 2016

We made a reservation for dinner for 2 couples in this restaurant on a Saturday night. It was full house that evening, so reservation is recommended. The restaurant is located in a neighbourhood close to the “Waaslandtunnel”, the oldest tunnel in the city under the river Schelde. The interior breathes an Andean atmosphere with pottery, paintings and several ornaments. The reception and service is friendly and professional. Of course you start with a typical Peruvian drink such as the Pisco sour or some of its variants. Then we had the trio del mar, a composition with the typical ceviche, a preparation with green lip mussel and the third component, causa limena, a small stack with mashed potatoes and crab. Delicious. As a main dish I had the Olluquito con carne. An ancient dish with Peruvian potatoes and beef in an aji panca sauce (Peruvian pepper but without heat). It contained also diced bacon, but a bit too much. I would have preferred more beef. The wine list contains an assortment of south American wines from several countries. The Argentinian Malbec that I chose was however not available. No problem, I then picked out a Mexican Zinfandel (Baja California). Nice wine at 26.5 €. Wines by the glass are only available from the house wine. The white wine with the starters, however, was very good (5 €/glass). For dessert we had the Inca Coffee with Pisco. I expected it to be a variant of an Irish coffee with the Pisco substituting for the whiskey. It was, however, a coffee with the Pisco served separately. OK for me. Overall, it was a good culinary experience with some touch of Latin America. Correctly priced. Well recommended. The restaurant also sells a variety of Piscos and Peruvian wines and they organize workshops for Peruvian cooking for cooking enthusiasts.

1  Thank Maurits V
Reviewed 6 December 2015

A few friends who live in The Netherlands are continously recommending this place and we decided to give it a try, since everybody we meet are willing to drive from NL to experience this delicious food.

The place is nice and cozy, the waiter was really friendly and the host-chef were really friendly and took his time to come table by table to ask whether everything was fine. We loved it!

Every bite was a wonderful tasteful experience. I felt as if I was in a great restaurant in Peru. The food had the real taste, not that adapted taste to the local flavours here. It was really good and no wonder that people are willing to drive all the way from The Netherlands to experience it.

I had the chance to talk to the cook and she assured me that she takes a great deal of time to ensure the quality of the ingredients. No surprise here either, I bet that this makes the food really good.

My children loved the Chicha Morada and the extra attention they got from Bart, the host. We really enjoyed our experience here. We will be coming back soon!