“Go somewhere else”
Review of Brussels Brasserie

Brussels Brasserie
Reserve with
Brussels Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,019 of 3,960 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$17 - US$29
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

The menu outside is misleading. I got scampi diablo - just the sauce and 5 shrimp was 14 euro or so . So I asked for extra plate of rice which is 5 euro . The waiter asked do u want fries , I assumed it come with entree but it was 5 euros . My husband entree was ok. Worst thing was they charged 12 euros for beer. And the waiter asked how much tip u r keeping. 70 euros for 2 people...Very rude . Never go ... just go somewhere else

1  Thank tauruskalpana

Reviewed 25 May 2018

We came by late afternoon and were promptly seated outside where we wanted. They was only one other party there. Our waiter was pleasant and courteous. He suggested a liquor along with our waffle order and I was surprised what good pairing it was.
The waffle was cooked fresh to order and that made all the difference!
The fresh strawberries were flavorful.
When I asked for the check, the waiter informed me no service or tip was included and asked me how much I would like to add to the charge for tip, "5, 10 or 15?" That burned me up, but I have come to accept this behavior in tourist ground zero places. I know that service IS included, but I don't mind tipping a little more. I replied "5" and he thanked me. Later I got burned up all over again when I noticed he had added 5 Euros to a 35 euro bill, not just 5%.

Reviewed 20 May 2018

I was in Brussels for a few hours, and we went to the Grand Place to do some touristy things and find lunch. We looked at several places, and ended up at Brussels Brasserie. I learned something from them, and that is how to make my salmon a little better. I ordered the salmon with frites. The salmon was, I believed, pan fried and baked, so it ended up with a nice, crispy golden crust on the bottom. It melted in my mouth, but also had texture. The frites were very good as well. I did not have to use any ketchup or mayonnaise with them, which is always a signal that the frites are good. Additionally, it came with a small salad.

Additionally, the service was very good as well. We did not have any issues with it.

Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Wish I could give ZERO stars!
Shocking disgrace of a ‘restaurant’.
Firstly we were misled by the widely advertised set menu outside- when we were actually seated we were told that wasn’t available and we have to order off menu.
The food and drinks were grossly overpriced and the quality and taste were disgusting. My mother actually vomited her soup up in the toilet.
My brother’s mussels were dry and over cooked and definitely not fresh.
My chicken was dry and over cooked.
The waiter was rude and demanded a tip from us before we had even paid and told us he was going to add 20% to the bill.
The only nice thing was the view.
Do yourself a favour and try a different restaurant in the square.

1  Thank Caitlin C
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

Overpriced and very rude staff. We were moved tables into a corner after we decided to not have food even though most people in the terrace were only drinking.

1  Thank Ray S