“Exquisite Lebanese food in Brussels”
Review of Orientalia

Orientalia
Ranked #581 of 3,960 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Reviewed 29 December 2015

When I have little time to prepare an evening meal or a leisurely Sunday lunch for guests, one of my options is to impress them with a large Lebanese cold and hot mezza platter. I buy most of the ingredients at Orientalia, a Lebanese family-business in Brussels where take-away food can be chosen from a large counter. Having tried the hummus (pureed chickpeas), stuffed vine leaves, tabbouleh, falafel, sambousek (lamb stuffed pastries), Fatayer bi Sabanekh (spinach filled pastries), two varieties of kibbeh, the Lebanese flatbread and the baklava I found they are always a great success. Orientalia is not cheap, but the food is well worth the price. It is also possible to eat in but I find the restaurant area a bit dark, except in summer. The restaurant also closes at 6.30 p.m., so it is no option for dinner.

Orientalia can be reached by taking tram 92 (direction Fort-Jaco) from the centre. Get off at Ma Campagne and walk back a bit along Chaussée de Charleroi. The restaurant is on the left hand side.

Reviewed 11 December 2015

We regularly order delivery for up to 10 people from this place. A safe bet every time! Fantastic food.

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Delicious Lebanese food. I especially like the wraps and the chicken skewers. These were the softest chicken chunks I've ever had. Great atmosphere and friendly staff as well, though the assortiment plate can be a little pricey. I've taken some friends from the Middle East there and they gave it raving reviews, so I suppose it's authentic.

Reviewed 11 November 2015

the food is good. portions are small. service is spotty. way too expensive for what you get. the lunch menu is good

Reviewed 23 September 2015

Great food and nice staff. They have a terrace open in summer which is great on Friday evenings. If I had to suggest one dish, I would say try them all! you can actually put most of them in a plate.