“Enjoyable Dinner!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Tunisian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017

Roaming around Bailli area close to my hotel (Four Points) for a late dinner and was drawn by the casual atmosphere. As it was late, Rachid suggested the couscous rather than the tagine. The lamb couscous I ordered came with a pot of stewed vegetable - very delicious and definitely up there with any North African meals I've had. All washed down with some pretty good house red (petite bordeaux since Belgian wines are really not that good according to M. Rachid). We had a chat and this joint has apparently been around for 35 years! No room for dessert nor mint tea which was suggested. A great dinner for quite a reasonable price by Brussels standard. I highly recommend Le Livre Jaune, or Chez Rachid as the business card suggests. Closed on Sundays.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Best Tunesian food ever. Like eating with family with the warmth and love of Rachid andere his wife.

1  Thank Monique t
Reviewed 10 December 2016 via mobile

With Rachid, you just feel like home! It's all there: the warm welcome, the service, the food and beyond that Rachid's upmost kindnest, generosity and sincerity. You won't find this anywhere else. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 3 April 2016

I went on my own and was warmly welcomed by Rachid. I was then seated at a nice table and served the best meal I had in Brussels, which is known for its fine cuisine. I had a couscous royal. Fresh ingredients included spicy merguez sausages, tender lamb and chicken cooked in a delicious broth filled with plenty of vegetables. The meal was accompanied by a chilled Tunisian gris wine. With such a generous serve, there was no room for dessert, but Rachid brought a refreshing mint tea that complemented this dining experience. I warmly recommend this restaurant to everyone visiting Brussels from Australia (and elsewhere). Rachid is a great host too.

Reviewed 13 March 2016 via mobile

Rached is a friendly person who tries to make a good atmosphere. However: his food is not authentic at all (me being Tunisian). His Brik, slata mechwiya, couscous has nothing to do with true Tunisian food. U won't recognise any of the Tunisian taste in these three dishes.