Hotel Cafe Pacific
US$164
US$133
Novotel
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
US$91
Hotel Metropole(Brussels)
US$137
US$93
  • Restaurant
Adagio Brussels Grand Place(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$127
US$145
US$126
  • Restaurant
Citadines Sainte-Catherine Brussels(Brussels)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$86
US$106
US$95
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe grand placebathroom areaa great staylocation is fantasticgood sizewould stay here againair conditioningcentral stationtoilethairdryerchannelsbrugesconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2008

We picked this hotel because of the reviews on Tripadvisor.
We could not have been more wrong. If you are looking for a bed in a bathroom and you want to hear every bowel movement of your partner this is the hotel for you. The hotel room was not particularly clean. There is no safe to deposit passports etc and when we asked at reception we were told they did not have access to the hotel safe. There is no mini bar. There is no soap provided for washing your hands, I assume you are supposed
to use the mini shower gel provided. We did ask for hand soap but were provided with another mini shower gel. There was no plug for the basin. The shower had long hairs form a past resisdent, which were still there when we left, and they definitely were not ours. The bar in the hotel on the ground floor where the breakfast is served is filthy. It does not appear to have been dusted for a year. The breakfast is dire, and I mean dire.
I am positive some of the food not eaten on the day was put out again the next day, definitely the cake. Our worst experience of a hotel so far and to think we turned down a stay at the Radisson for this.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Pacific-Hotel, Owner at Hotel Cafe Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2008

Thank you very much for your feedback - This clearly shows that our design cannot please everyone who stays at the Pacific. I would like to however comment on your review:
1. Design of the rooms: we have made every effort to take picture of the rooms that would clearly define what to expect. You see from the pictures that the design of the room is conceptual and that the bathroom is part of the room. Tripadvisor is a good way for us to measure our strong points and weak points and if you read through all the comments this is a first for us.
2. Features of the room: we have never metioned anywhere that we have a mini bar and a safe in the room. We are always flexible and open to deliver drinks to your room on a 24 hours bases.
3. Soap and cleanliness of the rooms: you have a valid point and I will look into it right now to correct these points.
4. I find your comment very disturbing about the food served at breakfast. I can without a dough tell you that what we serve is fresh on a daily basis. We are being delivered all our goods early every morning.

I guess that a more traditional International hotel is more your style. A trendy hotel like hours cannot always suit everyone's taste.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you wish to. I would be very keen to understand in more details your stay with us.

Best regards - The Owner

Reviewed 17 July 2008

I was staying at cafe pacific with my wife and 8 month old baby for 5 nights last week and what can I say..........simply fantastic!! Great location 5 mins to the metro station and 7 min to the grand placea and the gastronomic streets of brussels. More than the location what impressed us most was the whole approach of the management who were very friendly and really helped us plan our day trips to other parts of belgium paris and amsterdam. Also not to forget very good breakfast too and the extra baby cot for my baby daughter. Will definitely stay there again next time........keep up the great work!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pacific-Hotel, Owner at Hotel Cafe Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2008

It was indeed a pleasure for us to have you stay with us and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed you travel in europe - we hope to see you again very soon with us - best regards - The Owner

Reviewed 16 July 2008

My husband and I stayed here for one night from 6/30-7/1 as part of our honeymoon. We arrived by train and took a taxi to the hotel. We had a room on the 5th floor with a view of the city. The bed and pillows were comfortable, the room has AC, a decent sized bathroom and the staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast consisted of croissants, yogurt, cereal, deli meats and cheeses and fruit. There is free Wi-Fi internet access in the room. The hotel is within walking distance to most or all of the main attractions, shopping and restaurants. The only con is that the room could have used more light since there was only 1 bedside light which was small; otherwise the lighting came from the bathroom. Overall it was a good stay and we’d probably stay here again if we found ourselves in Brussels.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

My team and I are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes indeed you are right about extra lighting needed in some of our rooms and we will make sure that we fix this issue. We all look forward to seeing you again very soon at the Pacific - best regards - The Owner

Reviewed 3 July 2008

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pacific-Hotel, Owner at Hotel Cafe Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2008

Reviewed 1 June 2008

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Pacific-Hotel, Owner/Propriétaire at Hotel Cafe Pacific, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2008