“Fantastic Belgian restaurant experience ”
Review of Le Volle Gas

Le Volle Gas
Reserve with
Le Volle Gas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #272 of 3,877 Restaurants in Brussels
Price range: US$10 - US$27
Cuisines: Belgian, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Another recommendation off TripAdvisor. I had some initial reservations reading some of the bad reviews but walking past it I decided to rate on my own experience. The venue is cosy, relaxed and full of locals which is always a good sign for me. The staff were more than accommodating, speaking English and providing English menus at request, they were all attentive and friendly and the service was prompt. Food was lovely, mussels to start which two of us shared and there was more than enough, then rabbit and meatballs, I’ve never seen so much meat from a rabbit! Both were delicious and portions were more than filling! With wine it came to 53 euros which for me was reasonable for a good meal for 2. There’s some mixed reviews on here but my experience was a very positive one and I would highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was a very nice choice to eat my first mussels in Brussels. Both options we choose, with bacon & cream and with beer, were delicious. There are around 20 different ways to cook/eat the mussels.
We were a party of 4 and decided to book a table for dinner, and that was the right option as when we arrived at 20.30, the restaurant was quite busy and our table was there waiting for us. As a starter we ate croquettes which were delicious. Going back to the mussels, the portions are huge, one portion is more than enough for 2 people.
To drink, we chose the house white wine which was very nice and a good fit for the mussels.
Last but not the least, the Art Deco gives a great atmosphere.
Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Not only the staff is not friendly at all, it took literally one hour and 15 minutes for the food to get to the table, if you are hungry do not go there, the food was good but not worth the wait

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

They have a nice terrace, the service was good except she understood mussels with wine instead mussels with cream, but the problem was quickly solved.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

What a true Belgian meal! Wonderful service (thank you Leona), a stunning window seat to look at the world go by and a homemade Belgian cuisine! I suggest the Champignons farcis aux petit Gris!