“The Waffles to Eat!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

It's a bit pricy, a bit slow, and the space can be a bit cramped; it's true. However, these are the lightest, fluffiest, crunchiest waffles of goodness. If you want to eat the true Brussels style waffle, you must go here! The fruit is always fresh and the whipped cream is always rich. I alway take my guests here and we have never been disappointed!

There are newer reviews for Etablissement Max

Reviewed 29 May 2017

During a recent weekend in Ghent, my wife and myself had waffles on the wonderful terrace : undoubtedly, the best waffles we ever ate in Belgium and in the whole world !! If weather tends to be wet and windy (which can happen in that part of Europe), try the beautiful indoor part of Etablissement Max. Definitely, the ultimate place for "wafels".

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Yes, that's correct. After spending money in their establishment, you have to pay to use their toilets - a nominal €0.50, but preposterous nonetheless. Do not be mistaken - I told them clearly I was a customer, but no - I had to pay.

Understanding of a good service was non-existent; one particular waiter we found to be bluntly plain rude.

So many beautiful restaurants in Ghent - do not visit this one.

3  Thank davicio
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

The place is beautiful and has been there for over 100 years. Food was good, not great. I didn't enjoy my waffle. Maybe since Americans eat chicken and waffles so I readily wanted chicken

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

My wife, another couple, and I were touring Gent and decided to take a break for waffles. It was a very smart choice! Crispy exteriors, cloud-like interiors, w/delicious strawberries on top. This was accompanied by a right-sized dollop of fresh sweet cream! We loved them!