Lowest prices for your stay
US$93
Booking.comUS$99
PricelineUS$88
eDreamsUS$99
1,063 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 July 2021 via mobile

Excellent location (right in the center) and they have an amazing breakfast. It can get a bit loud outside, but you can expect that in a lively city like ghent. All things considered, I had a terrific stay here. The staff is also really friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Parking Ramen is the closest parking available.
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Felien De Maesschalck, Gastenservice/Front Office at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2021

Dear,

It is with great pleasure I am reading your review. Thank you so much for this possitive feedback. I will surely pass it on to our entire team.

We hope to see you again in the future!

Warm regards

Reviewed 9 March 2020

My husband and I booked 1 night at the Hotel de Flandre and upon arrival were told there were some renovations ongoing and so directed us to their sister hotel 5 minutes walk away. Finding that already a little strange we took our luggage and made our own way to the new address Hotel Graventeen. The initial reception looks quite impressive but don't be fooled. We were checked in and given our key and made our way out the back and across a car park to an annex building. Here you badged in ( no reception desk) and we found our way to our room. The room itself was very large and I would image was probably the best in the hotel but in no way was it what we expected. I actually have no issue with Graventeen as if you pay for a 3 star then it's pretty run of the mill. We did visit the "fitness and sauna" but the sauna mentioned it was out of order and there were mattresses and a bed lined up against a treadmill so all in all it didn't look very cared for. We had breakfast which was good but realized that the hotel itself was full of students so I imagine it's rather reasonable for youth and groups. Now my issue is that we didn't pay for a 3 star, we paid for a 4 star and I have never been "downgraded" before ! I did past back to the Hotel de Flandre the next morning to relay my disappointment and despite the friendly face on reception there was no offer of a part refund. We love Gent and often spend a night there but this is one hotel group we will not be using again.

Date of stay: March 2020
1  Thank FionaRita
HoteldeFlandre, Public Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2020

Dear Fiona Rita,

I wanted to pass on my sincere thanks for taking the time and trouble to inform us about your stay in Hotel de Flandre.

After researching your case, I see we indeed had to send you out to one of our sisterly hotels: Hotel Gravensteen. Because of some unforeseen circumstances that were unfortunately out of our control, your allocated room had to be put into maintencance. We are very sorry for this inconvenience and understand your disappointment when hearing you had to relocate. However, this was the only solution we could provide you at that time, we hope you can understand.

On antoher note, I am happy to read you enjoyed the room and breakfast. I will certainly send your feedback to our colleagues at the Hotel Gravensteen.

Again, our apologies for this situation and that you did not fully enjoy your holiday in Ghent. We hope you did still enjoy all the marvelous, historic sites, museums, restaurants and neighbourhoods.

Reviewed 6 March 2020 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights lovely hotel , staff pleasant and helpful stayed in the annex just over the road , rooms clean and everything you could want, good size too, breakfast enough to set you up for the day , 2 minute walk from the restaurants and bars , secure parking nearby €14 for 24hrs , would book this hotel again , value for money and good location

Date of stay: March 2020

Dear Chester Travelbugs,

I wanted to pass on my sincere thanks for taking the time and trouble to write a review on Tripadvisor.I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and was most interested to read your valuable feedback.

Guests’ comments are of paramount importance to us, both in terms of measuring our standard of service and in our on-going endeavour to give our guests the best possible Hotel de Flandre Experience.

We very much look forward to welcoming you to Hotel de Flandre again.

Reviewed 22 February 2020

Nice hotel stayed in the annex which was just over the road clean rooms , 2 minute walk to bars/ restaurants,safe multi-storey parking nearby (€14 for 24 hrs) pleasant staff would recommend hotel and will return when back in Ghent

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HoteldeFlandre, Public Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2020

Dear cyoun398649

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hotel de Flandre and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. The Hotel’s amazing location in the heart of Ghent is indeed well placed for leisure being a stone’s throw away from many major sights.

We hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to the Hotel de Flandre.

Reviewed 17 February 2020 via mobile

This hotel is only a 10 minute stroll into the main tourist areas. You really don’t need a car in this small city. The hotel itself is comfortable, our room was spacious with a nice en-suite bathroom and full size bath / shower.
We didn’t eat or drink in the hotel - there are many good restaurants and cafes nearby. The staff are friendly and welcoming and informative.

Defiantly worth considering for a weekend in Ghent!

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank AR-Greenwich
HoteldeFlandre, Public Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2020

Dear AR-Greenwich,

Your feedback has been a joy to read and on behalf of my team I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are all delighted you enjoyed your stay as well as the facilities of the hotel and those of the surrounding area.