All reviewssingle roomfresh fruitold buildingmodern bathroomtop floorrock werchterminute walkbellsuniversitychurchcentrefestivalcity
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Stayed a couple of nights here in October, visiting our son who lives in Leuven now. We stayed one night in a hotel, because the Begijnhof was busy. We would have been more than happy if we had stayed at the Begijnhof for all of the nights in Leuven. Next time we visit, we know what to do. Michel has made a splendid b and b near the centre of the town, in an immaculately converted old house, which still retains its original character. Together with the quiet and spotless house, and the excellent food, Michel manages to be the perfect host.

Oh, and Leuven is a gem. Go and visit it.

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are equally good, if different.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at Guesthouse Begijnhof.

The location is truly outstanding: right opposite the Begijnhof, a marvelous historical quarter. The rooms are very quiet and have all necessary comfort. The breakfast is very nice as well, offering a selection of exquisite cheeses (from the best cheese shop in Leuven), delicatessen, home-made jam, honey, yogurt, muesli, etc.

The host is very accommodating too. We arrived in Leuven early in the morning, and because the room was vacant, we were able to get into our room to freshen up and rest a bit, which we really appreciated after our long travel.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2014

Amazing, amazing, amazing! Michel is a very generous and gracious host who goes the extra mile. He even put a brochure in German in my room for a current museum exhibition! It's the little things like that that count. It seems he has an eye for detail!

Breakfast was nice and relaxing, with fresh bread, wonderful cheeses and meats, homemade jams, fresh squeezed orange juice and a fresh egg from the chickens in the back! Beautiful, soft music played in the background.

The location is perfect. In the inner city but away from most of the street noise. It's in a beautiful old building with modern conveniences. The bed was super comfortable, and the shower was big. The room was spotless. Wifi was strong.

My only regret is that I could not stay longer. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Leuven, and I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice, cozy room in the inner city. My stay was simply magnificent!

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2014

Booked a room for my parents who were visiting for the weekend. The room was great and so was the breakfast. The location is perfect, right in center of Leuven but just away from the noisy parts, right across from the historic Begijnhof.
The best part of this B&B though is Michele. He was extremely kind and helpful from the point of booking about a month beforehand and all the way up to when my parents left. It is clear that he cares a lot for his guests. I highly recommend this B&B for anyone visiting Leuven.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 October 2014

This is an excellent, quiet B&B right across from the Begijnhof, and close to a stop of the new Zonnetrein, a small open-air tour vehicle that travels through Leuven on solar powered batteries. I booked a room here for some family members who were visiting from Europe on Sept 30th 2014. Michel, the host, was accommodating in every way. He helped me arrange some special things associated with a birthday surprise, and was very kind to my jet-lagged family. The breakfast is very good, and having lived in the Begijnhof itself, I can say that these rooms combine the centuries old character of the local area with modern comfort. A reasonable price for an excellent stay, I would highly recommend it for other travelers.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family