“Waffle-licious!”

Ranked #15 of 27 Coffee & Tea in Bruges
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Cuisines: Belgian
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We've all heard that Belgium is famous for it's waffles, but I never knew a waffle could be so good. I stopped by this bright and cheery shop for a late breakfast, and I ordered a waffle with caramel sauce and a cafe americano. While waiting for my waffle to cook, the kind server brought me a tiny ice cream cone with a scoop of vanilla. It was rich and smooth and creamy...a delicious way to whet my appetite. Then came the waffle. Fresh and warm...golden brown...crunchy on the outside, light and airy on the inside, complemented with a delightful sauce of caramel -- sweet, but not cloyingly so. This was a new experience - an epiphany - for my taste buds. It truly is one of the best things I have ever tasted! The whole experience at De Ijsbeer was one of the highlights of my trip to Belgium, and I look forward to a return visit one day. When you are in Bruges, do yourself a big favor and eat here. You will cherish the experience.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

After exploring Bruges and climbing many steps in the tower we were in need of some refueling and stumbled upon this little cafe. The owners were very friendly, and cappuccino was the best we ever tried. Not to mention that it also came with a small ice cream cone and a delicious meringue.

1  Thank Michael_E01
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Seriously one of the best things I've put in my mouth. Like a crispy cloud covered in delicious, hot Belgian chocolate, the waffle melted in my mouth.

2  Thank McKenziePDX
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

The waffles here must be some of the best in Bruges. The cafe was very quiet when we went but the waffles are good value and very tasty.

2  Thank wgood128
Reviewed 8 February 2016

This is the best icecraem you can get in Bruges,many difrent tastes&cuopes made with your own choices &topings ,try also de fresh home made waffels there are delicius ,we go every week to this place alraedy many yaers &we recomand it to everybody
Verry friendly staff