“Lovely !”
other travellers have booked this property
Bedroom with Air-Con and Pool & Sea Views Fully Fitted Top Class Kitchen
Lounge
Entrance Hall
Tennis Courts
Sun Bathing Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Lovely !”
Reviewed 2 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
person found this review helpful

Very well equipped apartment, lovely and quiet, great huge swimming pool ,often only with a few people in the water. Plenty of sun loungers, and lots of space. Easy to walk to local beach where it only takes 20 mins to walk to the old town, alternatively you can walk along the road to the old town, or there is a dotto train....or you could take a tuc tuc. Generally all very clean, beaches all immaculately looked after. Beware though it is not the med....the sea is cold !!!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
3 Sep 2015
Good afternoon,
We are happy to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed your break with us,we look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future, all the best, Dale
kellyemma...
“Stay away!”
Reviewed 28 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

This complex is great but unfortunately my review will be tainted with information regarding the man who let's out this apartment. I'm sure he'll argue that this should be solely about the apartment but as you'll have the displeasure of having to deal with him if you book this apartment, its only fair you know what you're letting yourself in for.

We stayed at this apartment with our baby and also booked transfers through Dale. Upon arrival, the introduction to the accommodation was brief and we were told we'd have to drag the balcony furniture out from the living area ourselves and told how expensive the washing machine and fridge were and what not to do with them (alarm bells should have rang then) however as we'd arrived quite late (9:30pm) we got on with it and once leaving his card, Dale was gone.

As soon as he'd left, whilst unpacking, we'd noticed the toilet roll holder broken, the vent cover on the balcony smashed, some of the towels well beyond their drying life, the kitchen bin broken and the cleanliness of the apartment not great. We agreed that these were not big issues and got on with it. The apartment overall is lovely and furnished well. We went out to grab essentials and noticed a leak in the lobby.

The next day, I tried to put on the Jacuzzi. Nothing! I called Dale and as soon as I mentioned who I was, he questioned if I'd had a bath after 10:15pm and caused a leak (it was more of an interrogation than an enquiry) Regarding the Jacuzzi, he said it had "...been switched off as if it's not filled up past the jets, the motor will break and the client doesn't want to pay €400 to have it fixed." I explained that I would like it turned on and he told me to turn it on by switching the switch on the fuse box down. I did and it automatically switched back up. Tried again, knocked off the power. Gave up in the end.

The next morning, faced with a leaking iron and coffee machine, I felt it was time to bring everything to his attention (mainly as I didn't want money deducted for damage which we hadn't caused) It was early (7am) and as we were heading out without our phones, I chose to text him rather than wake him with a call. A few hours later, no reply. I called him and am still shocked at his VILE, ABUSIVE, BULLYING behaviour. I apologised for calling and asked if he'd read my text. He informed me that my text had woken him and how dare I contact him on his private number ( it was the number on his business card) He asked "What normal person contacts someone so early?" I apologised again but confirmed that I was merely informing him of damages which I didn't want coming out of my £250 security deposit. At this stage, he became very aggressive and told me that I'd "...p@#%*+ him off" I asked him to stop swearing at me. At this point he went ballistic and said (brace yourselves, this is the actual quote) "Don't you dare say I have used bad language. My kids are here. I never swear in front of them...P@#%*+ off is hardly like the f word! You say that again and I'll come down there and kick you out" My hubby tried to speak to him regarding lack of safety deposit box and his response was "Well in the 3 years I've rented that place, no one has ever been bothered by it. You're the first ones" After 20 minutes of his screaming and continued repetition of "...I'll come down there and kick you out" he hung up. We never even got to question the lack of Satellite TV which was advertised.

Normally, I would have accepted the refund he offered and find other accommodation but travelling with a baby (and every possible item from Boots baby section) meant we had to stay put. And after all, finding decent accommodation at peak season at such a popular holiday destination for immediate rental is blooming difficult!

Needless to say, afterwards I was an emotional wreck. He was clearly aggressive and unreasonable and we felt unsafe knowing he had keys to our property. I genuinely felt threatened. Later that day, he arrived unannounced with another gentleman and fixed the toilet roll holder, iron and vent cover. He explained the coffee capsules were incorrect which was fair enough but no apology or mention of the safe or Jacuzzi. Our shower head also didn't fix to the wall properly and caused a flood ( honestly) of water all over the entire floor once showering. This clearly wasn't his priority.

Before arriving, we booked transfers on the condition that a child seat was supplied by them. On arrival, the gentleman who picked us up was lovely. Friendly and punctual! We'd also asked Dale (via email pre arrival) if we could have a late check out or baggage stored post check out. He confirmed he'd let us know about a late check out but would take care of our bags if this wasn't available. Another misleading statement. We could check out 5 hours later if we paid him €100 but when he still hadn't confirmed if we could avail of this into the second week of our holiday, we asked about the baggage being stored instead. He expected us to take a taxi to a hotel almost 15-20 mins away and to ask them to "Hold them. Tell them Dale sent you" Dodgy and not viable with a baby in tow.

We spoke to the lovely lady in administration at Quinta Da Barracuda and she informed us that we could in fact store our luggage in the baggage store there and that there was even free WiFi in the lobby ( Dale tried to charge us €5 per day to have it in our room)

On the final day, our transfer arrived on time. Different driver and a car seat which was missing the central strap. It was useless and our daughter slid out of it straight away. He pulled out into the road and we had to ask him to stop. He questioned what the problem was and asked if she couldn't just sit in it (Faro is 40 mins drive away) He called Dale and explained that he would pick up another one from the office on the way and continued to DRIVE. We were gobsmacked and furious. Luckily the office was very close. He placed it in the car. We strapped her in and this time the whole car seat fell forward with our daughter attached. He'd fitted it incorrectly. My hubby proceeded to fix it. At which point the driver snapped that it was how he has done it for 8 year. We refused to leave until she was secure and safe.

At no time were we ever rude or unreasonable. We are keen travellers and have stayed and lived in a number of countries yet we have never had to deal with a company as unprofessional as Holidays Algarve. Since our stay, the reference to the safe and Jacuzzi have been removed from the ad (coincidence?)

Overall, the apartment complex is lovely and quiet, ideally situated and the administration and maintenance are so friendly. A short walk to the beach and strip make it ideally located. The major downside to this let? Having your holiday ruined by a rude man who thinks he can treat you like crap once he has got your money. I will NEVER book with this company or with this Director again and will inform all to steer clear.

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The tranquility.
Liked least: The service from Holidays Algarve
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
17 Sep 2015
Good afternoon, As you say the review should be about the property,thankfully you will not be staying us again as clients like yourselves are not welcome, Anybody wishing to check myself, the company or the property out are welcome to do so on trip advisor as we have a very good response from most of our clients, some people you just cannot please and write these bad reviews when they don't get there own way, Regards, Dale
Jacquelin...
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Fabulous apartment”
Reviewed 13 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

This was our second stay having been at this apartment in September 2014 also. It is in a great location we have been going to Albuferia about twice a year for 11 years and we are so glad we have found such a great place to stay. Dale was as helpful as usual and tried to accommodate a particular request we had. The loungers by the pool are so comfy which for someone who has spinal issues is a great thing to find. I am sure anyone who chooses to stay here will love it as much as we do.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bed/mattress too hard
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
14 Apr 2015
Good morning, Glad to hear you had another great stay and look forward to seeing you again sometime in the near future, Best regards, Dale
Andrew M
Old Kilpatrick, United Kingdom
“Great customer sevice”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Hi Dale, thanks again for your help and personal service we really appreciated it. Transfer was great and on time for our early morning flight. The apartment was fantastic with everything we needed for our holiday. We will see you again later this year, thanks again.

Liked best: customer service
Liked least: three days of cloud
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
14 Jul 2014
Good afternoon,
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again shortly,
Have a great Britsh summer, Best regards
Dale
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 27 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
people found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the peace,relaxation,security and location
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway
28 Jul 2013
Good afternoon, We are glad to hear you had a great time and enjoyed the apartment and look forward to seeing you again sometime soon, have a great summer, Regards Dale
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing