Have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Cerro Da Marina. We chose this small boutique hotel after reading many reviews on trip advisor, and on the whole most are pretty accurate. Its an extended villa, once owned by Cliff Richard, set on a steep hill , surrounded by other villas, but not built on top of one-another. It has only 24 rooms and the ambience of the place is lovely, with guests of various nationalities all amiable and happy to mix and chat.
The rooms are of a good size with plenty of storage and a large bathroom with shower over bath with really good water pressure and plenty of hot water available. There is a flat screen tv if needed with a few English channels I believe [didn't use it]. There is a fridge which is re-stocked daily , but just with a couple of small bottles of water.The aircon worked perfectly and ran quietly.
The villa is 2 storey and all rooms have a balcony or terrace, equipped with the usual table and chairs. In the garden there is a good size swimming pool with a small shin depth shallow end which steps down to a depth of only 1.1metres in the main part, so no deep end and very safe.[ the pool is very cold though ] but much needed as the temperature was 30* the first week.There is also a Jacuzzi which was warmer. There are plenty of sunbeds around the pool and gardens, and it was lovely not to have to rush out and grab one, there were plenty available at any time of day, and at times it felt like it was your own private villa with just a few couples using them. One downside are the sunbed covers are looking tired and are in need of replacing.! We stayed b&b so cant comment on the evening meals but other guests said they were tasty and value for money.[three courses for 13 euro] The breakfast was perfectly adequate with all the usual fare available. There are very few staff who multitask and are friendly and approachable. So if you want a quiet, relaxing break away from the hustle and bustle but within 20 mins walk to the old town , the cerro da marina fits the bill.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in a landscaped garden, this hotel overlooks Albufeira’s new marina and offers elegantly decorated rooms with balconies. Only 700 metres from the beach, it features an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi.Cerro Da Marina Hotel’s air-conditioned rooms are decorated in neutral colours. Each room overlooks the garden or the pool, and has a flat-screen satellite TV and a minibar.Guests can start their day with a breakfast buffet. The hotel’s restaurant opens to the pool area and serves international cuisine and Mediterranean dishes. Special diet menus are also available.The nearest golf course is 4 km away, and close to the hotel there are water parks and zoo parks. The Main Church of Albufeira and the Fisherman's Beach Albufeira are only 700 metres away.Faro Airport is 27 km away, and the hotel offers free public parking on site. A car rental service is also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Cerro da Marina Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Da Marina Hotel Albufeira
- Cerro Da Marina Albufeira