US$157
US$125
  • Breakfast included
US$254
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$315/night.

Agua Viva(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$308
US$261
Areias Village Hotel Apartamento(Albufeira)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$205
Prestigia.com
All reviewsolhos d'aguasnack barindoor poolcantina restaurantsecond buildingself cateringsteep hilltaxi rank and bus stopexcept sundaymain roadtwo blockswalk in showertoaster and kettleseparate kitchende aguaold townbars and restaurants
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I would have to agree with others who have commented about the tired decor of the hotel. We found the hotel very clean but it looked scruffy as it obviously hasn't been decorated in a while. We had a one bedroom apartment for two adults and two teenage girls. The apartment was a good size and had a very well stocked kitchen - where you had all the basics you could need. The pool was a good size and it was a novelty having the choice between the outside and indoor pool. We were B&B and had breakfast every morning. The best feature about this hotel is the staff at the poolside eatery / shop were you go for breakfast. I can't pronounce the mans name - I think it was Almeno - but the man who works in the shop and does the breakfasts was great - very friendly and accomodating and really made us feel welcome every morning. We went to the bar most evenings but only stayed for a couple of drinks - very quiet and definetly not party central which is what we wanted. The couple that run the bar were very friendly and do great cocktails. The location is great - just beside a supermarket, short walk to the beach and there is a taxi rank across the road. One downside for me is that there was no washing machine facilities - I know you go on holiday to relax but I like to do a couple of washes so that the apartment isn't full of dirty clothes. There was an onsite launderette service but this was very expensive.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 401Ally
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed for 9 nights from the 3 September 2012. Booked a studio apartment the accommodation was very spacious on the 2nd floor overlooking the road. New kitchen and spacious lounge area with ample space if there had been 2 other guests with us. Agree with other comments about the spacious bathroom (this also had a bidet) that the tiles round the bath need replacing. We were happy being on the 2nd floor but would have preferred to have been at the back overlooking the pools. Weather was great, didn't see any mosquitos which was a plus. Sandy beaches, 10 mins away were lovely. Ideal for young families and couples. Had a lovely meal at Jollies Restaurant taken from the trip adviser recommendations as well as other nearby restaurants. All very reasonable. Would definitely go back to this area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Woodychops
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a week in August and reading other people's reviews, I have to agree with the good and bad comments. The beds seem to be mentioned frequently and yes, they are not very comfortable and make a lot of noise when you move about. Also, my wife and I would have preferred a double bed and not two singles. The apartment was okay. We didn't use the cooker or microwave but only because we like to eat out. The toaster came in handy as did the fridge and the hairdryer. The apartment was spacious and with us having a corner room we had two balconies. It was cleaned 6 days out of 7. I have read that other people took wet wipes and found the rooms to be dirty. Ours was mopped every day and to be honest, with an entire hotel to clean you can't expect them to get into every little nook and cranny. I am sure my wife and I bought a lot of the sand in with us. The bathroom was fine although the window had seen better days but, again, it didn't spoil anything. There were mould spots on the ceiling but I have some at home and they are a pain to control. We overlooked the car park and to be honest most of the cars never moved. It was so quiet at night that we had the balcony door open instead of the air conditioning which was a bit noisy. So, out of 10 I would give our apartment 8. Can't really comment on the staff as we only spoke to the lady on reception when we booked in. The pool was excellent and we never struggled for a sunbed. It is only 10 minutes to the beach where the bars and restaurants are and the people who have said you have to walk up a steep hill - get fit ! Nice English pub called Pickwicks Tavern is near the sea and another bar just inland a bit called Traceys Bar was excellent. Please read my reviews on these two places elsewhere. One tip - the beach is packed and you are crammed in like sardines so use the other one. Turn Left out of The Oceanus and walk along the main road towards Albufeira. When you reach the big supermarket, take your first left and follow the road round to the right following blue signs that say G.N.R. Go past the mini-markets and down a road with apartments and villas on either side. Ignore the very last G.N.R sign pointing left. You think you are reaching a dead end but you will see Clube Maria Luisa on your right and if you look a few yards in front of you you will see a sign on the wall which says - ESCADINHAS DA MARIA LUISA. This little alleyway takes you to a fantastic secluded beach which doesn't get anywhere near as busy as the main one. Overall, we loved this resort. Weather was fantastic and contrary to what people say, we found it to be very cheap. Would definately go again.

Room Tip: Away from the lift and the side that overlooks the car park and not the main road.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ian_wing3
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We really enjoyed our week here and would come back again. The apartments were huge and very clean. Great location within easy access to the beach, shops and trips. Plenty to do and see here and the people were very friendly and helpful. Trips were amazing but shop around as they will give you great deals if you book a few.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the main road are a bit noiser but still ok. Not much sun but cooler. Also the roof was a great place to go up on. Plenty of room and very comfortable sun loungers, Check it out.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie G
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My wife and i have stayed here every february for the past 4 years and always found it to be comfortable, the staff very helpful and polite, we had to stay in the studio block last year while the oceanus was decorated and found them very nice, however staying in the oceanus this year proved very dissapointing as the bathroom really needed a make over the tiles were cracked and generaly gruby, the setee and covers are very dated and past thiere best, hence we will not be staying there in 2013 but do hope to return some time when the renovating works have hopefully taken place, do not expect to much in the way of entertainment as only kareoke is available the area itself is very good and everything close to hand with a good supermarket nearby

Room Tip: Request high floor and pool veiw
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple