Stayed here with my husband for a week september 2012,was a little worried after reading some of the reviews but was better than we expected,
Our studio apartment had everything we needed cooker,micro,fridge,tv,hairdryer,seperate bedroom and spacious bathroom,it was clean and a little dated but i think it was good for a 3star wouldnt say it was a 3+ though,we where on the 2nd floor facing the road and opposite the taxi bay the only complaint about this was the traffic noise but we got used to it and had the air con on so u needed to keep the door shut for this to work,plus we would sit and hav a drink in the evening before going out or when we got back and found the people watching entertaining at times.
The staff we found very friendly and helpful the reception staff were very helpful and had time for you, the young guy in the nautilus bar in the hotel was helpful and chatty told us a few places to visit.
The location was about a 20mins stroll to the beach downhill so a verysteep hill to come up on the way back (see photo) but two supermarkets one left and one right about 10mins away with very good supplies,the taxi bay and bus stop where opposite hotel but very difficult to get taxi from 6.30-9pm into alberferia taxi around 7 euro but be careful goes up 20% after 9pm one tried to charge us 20%ontop of meter price but u only pay what meter says,its about 2.20.euro on the bus each.
Bars and restaurants nearby are good and cheaper than near the beach very nice meal at the travinia restaurant and cheap very freindly too its right from the hotel on the main road about 5min walk. DO NOT go to La Cigale on the beach,very expensive,poor service and terrible food thats why they never hav pricelist outside cause its expensive when u are in there we had,pint beer,half glass wine,very small steak,sml veg, i had small salmon,3sml potatoes and 1 tomatoe chopped up and the bill came to 60 euro, we waited 45mins for the meal and 30mins for the bill after, it looks a nice setting on the beach but u hav been warned.
A quiet area but u hav the option to go into alberferia for the strip and the old town or into vilamoura for the marina and a bit more cosmopoliton.
Great area for couples and families,lovely beaches,nice quiet pools,not two expensive when u are there,go to the expose ticket shop very helpful and try the zoo mairine the dolphin nd sealion shows are brilliant not just for kids
would go back again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanus Aparthotel ***The newly expanded Oceanus Aparthotel is located in the centre of the charming summer resort of Olhos d'Agua on the Algarve. Recently enlarged through the acquisition of the Aparthotel Olhos d'Agua, this 3 Star vacation retreat makes an affordable base for couples and families with a wide range of shops and restaurants nearby and 102 attractive studios and one bedroom apartments resting in 2 buildings surrounded by lovely gardens with a sparkling swimming pool. Guests of the Oceanus Aparthotel can discover the marvellous beaches of Olhos d'Aqua (500 m) and Maria Luísa (800 m), explore delightful little villages with narrow cobbled streets, and tackle the challenging golf course in nearby Acoteias. For a bargain holiday in the Algarve, Oceanus Aparthotel makes the grade! Faro International Airport is 30 km from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Aparthotel Oceanus reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aparthotel Oceanus Albufeira
- Aparthotel Oceanus Hotel Albufeira
- Oceanus Hotel