All reviews these apartments sun loungers minute walk free minibus shuttle bus to the town da rocha pillows provided portuguese families minibus service local beach heavy bags snack bar big supermarket on site restaurant booking direct cleaned every day except sunday main town
Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 5 nights in a 1 bed apartment. What a lovely place, clean and well looked after. Room was huge, cooking facilities good.

The weather was nice but pools cold as was expected, sea was much warmer. For the time of year it was great.

Very quite development, I think my kids were hoping more people would have been around to play with.

The staff were brilliant and very helpful.

If I had to be pushed for faults, as we had to use the pull out side in the living room, the curtains are very thin and therefore the room doesn’t get very dark due to outside lights.

Parking was easy and near the room. All in All a great place to visit.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed 25 October 2018 via mobile

We came here for the October half term, and stayed in the 2 bed apartments attached to the hotel but called quintana village. It was actually more like a two bed terraced house with the bedrooms and bathroom upstairs. The apartment was really spacious and cleaned every day except Sunday. The bus down into the village was really convenient as it's a trek up hill back to the complex and with my 75 year old mum we wouldn't have been able to get back up. The area is lovely and quiet but still lots of people around and two lovely pools. 5-10 minutes away there is a variety of good restaurants and a big intermarche shop for all your shopping requirements. The only thing letting this place down is no on site shop for bread, milk, water etc. Although you can order a starter pack for €7 if you are getting in at an unreasonable hour. Have to say I was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay again.

2  Thank squareofaninch
Reviewed 22 October 2018

This was the best apartment I ever stayed in while on a holiday abroad. I was taken aback by just how much space I had since I am a deal hunter and you often get what you pay for, but this time I got a ton more space than I anticipated! We got a very good late season deal and stayed for 2 weeks at the start of October.

The rooms were spotless and cleaned daily by very friendly housekeepers. The kitchen had everything you need - microwave, hob, oven, kettle, coffee machine, bottle opener, sieve, fridge/freezer. The bathroom had a bathtub/shower, bidet, toilet, sink, plenty of towels and they were changed every 3 days or so. Beds were comfortable (some people say the mattresses were hard but I found them very comfortable!) there were plenty of spare blankets and the bedding was changed weekly. Wifi in the apartment was 1 Euro per day. There were no additional costs for AC or TV. There's a clothes rack for drying towels/laundry outside as well as a table and chairs and sun loungers. We were in a ground floor room so we also had a lovely grassy area that we could move around to stay in the sunshine all day long.

The reception staff were incredibly helpful and assisted me with booking a few trips and giving me directions whenever I asked. They also looked after my suitcases for me between noon when I had to vacate the apartment and 16:30 when my airport transfer arrived.

The cafe was lovely. I had food there and several drinks during the course of my stay. The staff were very friendly.

The pool was nice. Plenty of sun loungers. I found the water surprisingly cold for the time of year and how much sun the pool gets but it was not cold enough to stop me - though the ocean temperature was definitely warmer than it!

Though there is a free bus that the hotel operates my partner and I like the exercise so we never ended up using it. The beach was a 10-15 minute walk away. The big Intermarche supermarket was about 10 minutes walk away (and they have some amazing foods and drinks! I especially loved their pastries!). There is an absolutely breathtaking cliff-walk route to get to Armacao de Pera if you are going during the day time. I found it with googlemaps but I wouldn't recommend for young children or people with mobility issues or if you were going after dark as there is some slightly rough terrain and steep parts that lead to the very edges of some of the cliffs, however if you're able to it has some incredible views! There are also some trails over to the west of the hotel (also found them on google maps) if you just want to explore and wander around away from everyone.

I never made it to the restaurant but I did see an advertisement in reception for the best restaurant I ate at on the trip - Coentros on the promenade in Armacao de Pera. If you love good food and want to have a very special meal I highly recommend there! Mid range prices but very luxurious and a real highlight of my trip! My partner and I went twice because it was too good to only have once!

I absolutely loved my first trip to Portugal and I have nothing bad at all to say about the accommodation. It's far enough away from the crazy loud touristy places that you can still get to them if you want that sort of thing but its charm is in being a little further away from all of that. I would definitely stay again at Quinta das Figueirinhas!

Room tip: Ground floor rooms have grassy area access so you can move around as the sun moves and get it all day long!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank RedW1tch
Reviewed 18 October 2018 via mobile

Just returned from 8 nights, we stayed in the 2 bedroom apartments near the second pool. We have 2 football mad boys who loved the football pitch which our apartment looked onto- just ideal for us (maybe not for those without kids lol). Absolutely fab accommodation with open plan living and roof terrace with sensational views. Didn’t eat at the restaurant but we had drinks and played pool. Really nice staff and very kid friendly place. Big supermarket about 10 minute walk where we had delicious coffee and pastry at the cafe section. Free shuttle to Armação de Pera but the bus only takes 8 people, we always got on but I imagine it can get super busy. Get there early to get a space, otherwise the walk is about 20 minutes down a very long big hill, probably difficult with small kids or those with mobility issues. Definitely will go back as excellent value and the place has a nice modern feel and everything is clean, particularly the pools. Can recommend the Nice Ice cream place and Davis Restaurant in the Old Town at Armacao de Pera, we enjoyed the grower market on Saturday too.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

We recently stayed early October.
Initial impressions were that the apartment was roomy and adequate.

The apartment was a good size and the self catering kitchen was well stocked. It had utensil we needed for a 10 night stay inc microwave, oven, kettle and hob.

My only issues with the room were the bed was rock hard (some people like a hard bed I don't) and our balcony didn't get much sun (but others did)
Both minor gripes.

Upon arrival we did find our room hard to find, mainly because we didn't realise instead of numbering apartments individually they have a lower number 7 (for instance) then another number 7 on the 1st floor.
Again it's nothing major but would be easier if apartments didn't have the same number, especially when the 1st floor apartments aren't numbered...

The pool was cleaned everyday and sunbeds were always available.
The pool bar was friendly but we found it odd no food was available before 11.30 ? With no restaurants nearby they'd make a killing on breakfasts etc (they do sell them but not till 11.30)
They also sell limited things like bread €4.50 (expensive) and water €2, again selling milk would be a good idea.
The lady who normally serves in the pool bar is very friendly and will go out of her way to help, the other lady is also friendly but doesn't understand any English

We ate in the restaurant a few times and found the food very nice and reasonably priced.
The menu is a little limited so we ate out A few times
Some guests complained about the food but we never had a bad meal.
The bar was friendly but we found it hard to get served at the beginning of the night, we had to wait 15-20 mins twice due to the bar man also waitering next door in the restaurant.
That said it's a friendly atmosphere and we spent many an hour sat outside talking to fellow guests.

The supermarkets a 10 min walk away which isn't to bad unless your like me and like to do a good shop upon arrival. The walk to the shops fine but walking back with all the shoppings a b***h
We couldn't get a taxi so had to struggle with a few heavy bags in the heat, but after the 1st shop it wasn't so bad a walk

All in all it was an enjoyable stay

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple