See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 December 2016

As a solo traveller I spent a week (3 - 10 th december 2016) in Faro. I wanted a base-camp that feels like home.

I was very well received by the owner of the Guesthouse, lady Sylvia on Saturdaynight. During the week she was very helpfull in giving information.

Thanks to her I visited Estoi where you can visit a wonderful castle, with special garden. It is now being used as a hotel, so the entrance is free. If you like culture visit it! She also told me that a good way to see the lagunas is by (2x€2) ferry form Olhao, instead of taking a expensive tourist-boat from Faro, thnxs Sylvia! Also a wonderful short trip is to visit the beach of Faro by taking the airport-bus no 16 from the busstation (€ 2) that goes on to the beach. I had a beautiful 3 hours walk there in the sun. You walk on a small strip of land, with on one side the lagunas and on the other side the beach.

My double room with bath and toilet was very clean, and also during the week my bed was made again a few times!

I mixed with local people and visited a lot seu cafe. Here they have perfect breakfast, perfect coffee and perfect "comer a peso" . In the evening you can chose of about 10 already prepared warm meals and 10 salads and you pay by the weight on your plate! Very good quality! And everything in het cafe and restaurant is served with Portuguese love. Thank you Emidio my waiter, who speaks German.

Normally I dont come back to a place thats has been good, but this time I have decided to come back in January with a nice lady. I already made my reservation and bought the tickicts.

Sylvia, see you on the 14th of January, warm greetings Walther from Holland.

Room tip: All the rooms are well located
Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Silvia was very nice and helpful, she received me well. The room was clean and good. Only minus was the noice from the streets. But as I sleep with earplugs this didn't disturb too much. The room was warm, but with the ventilator on it was ok to sleep. I left very early to catch a plane, but still got the opportunity to get breakfast from the fridge! The location is really close to the bus and train station, resto's and bars and the old town.

Date of stay: September 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016

I stayed only for a night, but had a very pleasant and comfortable experience.
The hostel is very clean, well-maintained, and its location is perfect. The single room is an ideal size (but didn’t have a dustbin) and I enjoyed free wi-fi. The owner is very friendly and welcoming.
And lastly, there was such a lovely smell upon entering the hostel - very warm, fresh, colourful, inviting and enticing.
I would certainly stay there again without a doubt.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 17 June 2016

Great location, close to all the amenities of the city (city centre, old town, bus and train station). Clean and tidy, towels are provided and there is a shared kitchen. Lovely rooftop terrace with a cute little dog. The owner is very friendly and she will be available to give you suggestions about the city. Recommended

Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2016 via mobile

Good prices for the rooms towels are provided, very clean despite the shared bathroom and facilities.
The rooftop terrace is a great place to chill during the morning while eating breakfast, not provided by the establishment but it does have a shared kitchen and refrigerator.
Free Wi-Fi
Run by nice people i fully plan to go again.
The house dog is a great company.

Date of stay: June 2016