“Shirley Valentine Portuguese style”

Campimar Beach Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 430 Restaurants in Lagos
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful setting right on the beach.We spent a pleasant couple of hours down there, watching the sun go down.Fabulous ambience and the food was good, washed down with a couple of beers.Service a bit slow otherwise this would have been 5

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really nice place to sit and chill
Menu very limited but nice food
Sometimes you could wait quite a while to be served but that’s ok you out of the heat and the views across the beach are wonderful
Nothing better than a nice cold glass of cola and a relaxing chill out

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We are staying 5 minutes from Campimar and love the friendliness of the staff. The food is very good and the scenery is of course, breathtaking. We are regulars, even just for a glass of wine in the afternoon.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

We have rented an apartment near the cliffs overlooking Porto de Mos, just south of Lagos, Portugal. It is a 5 minute walk out to the cliffs, and then left down the slope to the beachside restaurant. We like the entryway display of fresh fish available today.

The gazpacho is one of the best I have eaten. And, the grilled king prawns are hot, very tasty, and still moist. The service is good, and the wait staff are very friendly and helpful. We four had different meals, but the same reaction: really good. Good enough that we returned on another day for an equally good dinner experience.

If you get to Lagos, eat at Campimar, especially on a sunny day. You will be glad you did.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

You can tell how good the service is when you make a complaint. When we ate here I had spaghetti bolognese (OK, I know it's not Portuguese!) and it was very salty so I stopped eating. When asked "Is everything OK?" my hubby mentioned that to the waiter who offered that it be cooked again but without all the salt. We said yes but I changed my mind and went for a luscious dessert.

Not only was the service completely friendly and apologetic; the waiter got down on his knees to me as we left, presented me with a flower (as they do to all the ladies - but not kneeling!) and gave me a hug. I'm a wrinklie with a walking stick so this wasn't at all inappropriate.

They didn't charge for my meal. Hubby chose a local dish and was very happy with it.

There were lots of smiles and kindness and we were made to feel very welcome which doesn't always happen in the face of a complaint so Well Done Boia!