“The way my grandpa made it!”
Review of Fonte Cuisine

Fonte Cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We had the polvo alla monde di pico and it was just how I remembered it as a girl. Delicious! The deserts were great too! Tangy lemon ice cream was awesome! Muito bom!

1  Thank CPetrik

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

This place is special I went there every day I was within driving distance. The staff is great the good is special as the ingredients are fresh and local. I would highly recommend it.

TH

1  Thank taha h
Reviewed 10 June 2017

My husband and I stayed on Lages, Pico for 3 nights recently. We had dinner at Fonte Cuisine one night at the recommendation of our Airbnb host & the other guests renting another room at our accommodation.

Unfortunately, it was not my favorite. We did not have reservations, but we were quickly seated in the bar area. We were seated by a window overlooking the patio. The view really wasn't anything to remember.

My husband and I started with a local Pico white wine, which we thought was delicious. The bottle was much less expensive than we were anticipating. We ordered the local cheese and limpets to start with. The cheese was delicious, but I preferred the selection at Cella Bar. This was my first time trying limpets - and I'll admit - I'm not sure if I just don't like them, or if these were bad. They tasted very much what I would expect licking the bottom of an old boat would taste like. They are barnacles, and they tasted like them. They were smothered in garlic, butter, and oil, for which I was thankful. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to order limpets again during our trip for comparison - but if I visited Fonte again, I would not order these.

For my main dish I had the seafood kabob. The presentation was spectacular and the serving size was generous. That being said, I didn't think anything tasted particularly fresh. To be 100% honest, I was expecting a lot more. My husband had the sausage platter. He said, "it was fine".

All-in-all it wasn't a terrible experience, but I don't think I would recommend it for anyone with limited time on the island.

1  Thank JTA208
Reviewed 9 June 2017

What a lovely looking spot. We had lunch and while I think this was due to server error - beware. First we asked for 1/2 carafe of our favorite wine which was on the menu ( frie gigante sp.?) - they only had full bottle which we didn't necessarily want for lunch but we got that. We Orderded a salad to share which we didn't get. I ordered rabbit in clay pot, which sounded really good. What came I was sure was beef. I kept looking for the waitress to change this out, but she wasnt around. I was thinking this is diffrant than any rabbit I've had before. Finally I could flag down the waitress who apologized for it being beef- no offer to change it out as we were nearly done- or done in for. While the restaurant and grounds are quite nice I would be careful what you order and make sure staff is nearby to verify your choice. The fennel bean soup was quite good and interesting- if that is offered enjoy! A nice lightly flavored soup. Kudos for that. The meat stew was good but not what I ordered. No offer to amend the bill or offer of coffee for the beef vs. rabbit. ☹️️Basically a disappointment

1  Thank William C
Reviewed 17 October 2016

Really enjoyed our meal:
* Appetizer - delicious house made jam with local cheese.
* Tuna steak - well cooked, good consistency, good taste and a memorable garlic aioli on the side.
* Grilled amber jack - also very good.
* Dessert was a chocolate pudding with whipped cream which was a very nice way to end the meal.

This restaurant is a little off the main path, but if you are staying in that part of the island, this place will do nicely.

1  Thank Jake M