See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Stayed two nights in a very small room, one in which you have to crawl over your bed to get to the other side of the room to open the window. Clean room, a bit musty, bathrooms are shared with others across the hall. My primary concern was hearing others come and go all hours of the night but I was so exhausted from walking the city I was able to sleep through most of the noise. Just worth noting. Make sure to turn in your room key when leaving the hotel and pick it back up when returning.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in a room on the ground floor and was bitten by bed bugs within 1 hour of lying on the mattress. I am covered in bites, and despite showing them to the receptionist and the manager on duty over the course of the night as they appeared they said I was lying and unless I could show them the bugs on the bed, I couldn't prove anything. They said they would not be taking any action so be careful if you decide to book this place! Aside from the bed bug infestation, the staff are also incredibly rude, and the rooms are dirty, with mould on the walls. Please don't book this place if you don't want to be bitten by bed bugs! The staff didn't care and they won't have got rid of the infestation!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank trtrravel
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

I've booked this "hotel" trough booking.com the price was very expensive for just 1 night but the city was busy and every place was full so we had no chance... but if it was now i would rather spend my night on the airport or on the street! we paid for a room with double bed and we got 2 separate beds! the bathroom window was destroyed all around looking discusting!!! And the worst, everytime that someone on the other rooms opened the water it looked like a airplane jet engine had just started!! Could not sleep all night and got 50€ more poor!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2017

It is very nice, old-fashioned hostel with lovely interior. It has many Portuguese architectural features (Lining with Azulejo tiles on both sides: exterior and interior) , which makes the stay even more pleasant. The rooms are very basic, but always clean. The location is almost central, it is very near to Picoas Metro station, Eduardo VII Park, and Marquess of Pombal Square. The last but not least the staff was very helpful. I would definitely visit this hostel again.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Stayed just one night thankfully as so noisy with many young guests coming in all hours of the night being very loud. Also not very clean! You get what you pay as paid 37 but definitely worth paying extra to stay somewhere else!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple