“Ok”

Price range: US$18 - US$53
Cuisines: Portuguese, Steakhouse, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chiado & Carmo
Description: While Cafe Lisboa evokes the charm of traditional cafes, at the same time it transports us to the Lisbon of today. Cafe Lisboa has two spaces: a room inside the Theatre which captures the charm of this extraordinary late 18th century building and a magnificent, inviting terrace.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I say"ok" because the food, with one exception, was excellent. My oyster tartare was worth slapping your mom over. It was like a first kiss with someone you are hot for. My roasted cod was also really good if not up to level to the tartare. My husband's cod was also good. He had the cod risotto with the olives. Unfortunately he asked for no cilantro with his beans appetizer and they had it still in it. I enjoyed them however because I don't mind cilantro.
The space is lovely although the bathroom is in an (I think) office building.
The service was pretty abysmal. The bartender was working hard and had some personality. But our waiter was really bad. I don't think he smiled once and he was really abrupt. He couldn't open the wine bottle so that was really awkward. He never checked on us so it was up to me to get our water to pour it and we had to get the bartender to take our money. Our waiter tripped in the stairs twice so perhaps he was new. I would conditionally recommend because the food at its best was almost worth going.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

It’s not as busy as the top rated places, but risotto taste like real good risottos, or and tuna steak is great, of course the cocktails is superb

1  Thank Late70s
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

One of the many Jose Avillez restaurants in Lisbon but on the upper end of luxury dining and across the street of the world famous Belcanto. Great menu with wide variety of options though most are fairly rich in flavor. Excellent cocktails and the service was attentive and friendly. Bit pricey but if you’re looking to splurge for breakfast/lunch then this is the place.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

We stumbled upon the outside terrace of Cafe Lisboa last night while trying to find a restaurant that would please the 4 of us - 2 adults and 2 11 year old girls (one who is from Lisboa, the rest of us are Americans who live in Switzerland). The lovely outdoor setting with heat lamps attracted us so we gave it a try. We had no idea we were at the restaurant of a famous chef.

We started with the appetizers that they brought (we did not order these!). A lovely dry goat cheese, Portuguese breads with a special butter, carrot Creme, olives. We did have to pay for these (11€ fro the 4 of us) even though we didn't order them but they were so delicious we didn't mind.

White wine sangria was the best I have ever had - full of various fruits and mint - even better than Cava sangria I had in Barcelona. Freshly made lemonade for the girls with fresh mint.

I had the Caldo Verde soup with delicious chorizo and cornbread. I nearly licked the bowl clean.

For entrees - the traditional cod with exploding olives for our Portuguese friend - she loved it. Our daughter devoured the Portobello mushroom risotto. We had octopus rice (it was so good that the girls charged me one Euro every time I said 'this is so good!' - I think I lost 20 €) and the grilled octopus which was crispy outside and buttery soft inside. Also the rapini rice which was incredible.

We finished off with heavenly chocolate mousse , pastel de Nata and cappuccinos.

The service was perfect and the waiters all spoke English.

The 125€ bill was just slightly more than 4 burgers with fries in Switzerland and I left with a meal I will not soon forget!

2  Thank April M
Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

Opulent setting, formal service. No tap water, only still or sparkling water. We had a refreshing caipirinha and some lovely starters, such as Portuguese savoury puffs with some shredded meat, octopus tartare, and prawns with garlic and chilli. Dishes were cooked with finesse. However, service could be friendlier...