“Steak”

Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Barbecue, Grill
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A professional butcher, an experienced chef, and an importer of the best meat bring the second "Atalho" to "Principe Real". The new "Atalho Real" is located in "Embaixada" where the antique palace's kitchen was turned into a beautiful restaurant with a paradisiac garden. Atalho is a heaven on earth for meat lovers who can choose between a variety of different types of meat cut and grilled freshly. Also visit our Atalho Mercado in Campo de Ourique, Lisbon!
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The steak is good. Nothing great. Service is excellent. Drinks are good.
21 days dried steak is good. With a price tag of €14.9 for a 200g fillet is excellent. I would suggest stick to fillet. During heavy season rush sometimes your fav meat may not be available.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,131)

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We googled local steakhouses near our hotel Altis Grande and came according Atalho Real. What a treat you had to enter the restaurant via a gin bar down some old stairs we were not sure what to expect. We were welcomed even though we were unable to make a reservation earlier in day and seated at a lovely circular table. The restaurant is divided up into different rooms and really quirkily decorated. The meal was amazing we all chose the fillet steak and had delicious coleslaw, potato dauphinois and wedges. Simply sublime steak so well cooked and flavoursome. Coming from the uk where a fillet steak costs upwards of £20 it was refreshing to eat such quality meat for such a reasonable price whole meal for 4x with 2x bottles of wine came to €25 each!!
We will return and recommend x

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Went here due to late opening (closes midnight) and good reviews. Not disappointed my wife and I both had the fillet steak with two sides and it was good quality, very tender and cooked to or liking. nice wines also and deserts - total bill including three courses and 3 glasses of wine each was around 60 -70 Euro.
Décor is Shabby Chique but service was excellent.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

After 8 days of Portuguese and Italian food I was craving a steak and my wife lamb chops. We found both at Atalho Real. This restaurant is I an old building with high ceilings and no sound softening materials so it is loud with conversation but it has a great younger vibe which these 70 and 67 year olds found refreshing. Our meals with wine were 57€.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I went there for the food and the wine and I wasn't disappointed. Although the service was a bit disappointing because my colleague got only half of what he ordered. The wrong salad, the wrong side dish and oh well our starter did not arrive only half way through our meal because I reminded the waitress of it. But still....I give it a full star review because the food was excellent as well was the wine. The ambiente is amazing.... really cosy place. We all loved it....even with the wrong food ;)