“Not worth it”

Price range: US$30 - US$42
Neighbourhood: Parque das Nacoes
Neighbourhood: Parque das Nacoes
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I live nearby this restaurant so I walked by it many times and it always appealed to me. The reviews in every platform were all excellent so I decided to give it a try on my birthday.
Maybe I'm too spoiled but the restaurant is nothing like it seems. I was expecting a high level of cuisine and service but it was everything average, just your next door simple chinese restaurant quality.
The service is millions away from what it should when you pay around 45€ pp - from not having the propper glass for the chosen wine (how's that possible, did all the clients chose to drink white wine that night?? Even so, a restaurant should have glasses for every seat) to serving the main courses with a 10 minute interval between.
The food is also not so great. When you pay around 35€ per plate, the quality of the food should be over the top! Not frozen shrimps and package noodles with lots of oil.. Just because the servings are huge that doesn't pays off the price of the food. Also, the soy sauce was served on a plastic cup, just like the ones used for take away.
We paid 90€ (entrees, 2 main courses and a bottle of wine) and we felt like we could have eaten on a cheaper chinese restaurant for the same quality.
Not going to recommend to anyone.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (530)

Reviewed 29 April 2021

A classy, sit-down Chinese restaurant, which is a nice change coming from an area where the only Chinese food is strip-mall takeout joints. The interior is decorated very nicely, and the outdoor patio is very pleasant and comfortable. The menu is a big, hard-bound picture book with main ingredients of each dish listed in Portuguese and English. Everything is a la carte; prices can be high, but some dishes are sized for 2 (they don't say this in the menu, but if the price is around 40 euro you can bet it's for two). The service was good, with better English than my limited Portuguese.
They accept AmEx.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 18 December 2020 via mobile

Ok, where to start? Regardless of the other reviews that we read once we had sat down, the service was great, the attention and advice given was first class and should be adhered to! Food was exceptional and although it was perhaps the most expensive Chinese restaurant we have ever come across, it still wasn’t really that expensive given the ample portions and we left with a very positive sensation about the price-quality ratio. Staff had excellent English and were friendly at exactly the right level. Brill. Recommend this place highly!

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 7 November 2020

Recently ate at Old House with one other person. Was looking forward to having quality Sichuan food. The server took our order on a crumpled up piece of paper that looked like trash. I commented to my partner about this and joked that they might mess our order up.
Indeed they did. The drink order was wrong but only in a small way so we didn't make an issue with the server just laughed a bit.
Had the mushroom salad and a feijão verde dish to start. Both were good tasting but not spicy enough so we asked to make sure the rest of the food would be more spiced. Next came the giant fish dish which was delicious maybe my favorite thing I ate there. Then they brought the wrong tofu dish to us, we ordered Mapo Tofu but something else tofu came so we sent it back for correction. The rest of the food was good but the service was rushing us to leave even though it was only 21:30.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 22 September 2020

I have been to eat quite a few times to this restaurant. It is very expensive but I have not come across any other good Chinese restaurants in Lisbon.

In general, the food is good, but there are some caveats. The half Peking Duck does not come with enough garnishes or pancakes. They have charged me in the past for more. The duck is good. There is a lack of vegetarian dishes on the menu for my family.

The menu is enormously confusing. It spans many many pages, so I find myself endlessly flipping between them. The online version is even worse.

The prices are very high, so you have to choose carefully, or you will get an enormous bill. Do not order tea unless you are aware of the price - the last time I looked it was over €9 per person I think. I would have checked online, but they do not publish a menu there - maybe on purpose?

I prefer to eat upstairs which is light and airy with some nice booths.

The service is patchy sometimes but usually good - although on a recent visit they were struggling.

All in all though, despite some criticisms, I have had mostly good food there.

Date of visit: September 2020