US$94
US$112
  • Restaurant
US$68
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$147/night.

US$141
US$127
Sheraton.com
  • Pool
Eurostars Oporto(Porto)(Great Value!)
US$75
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$107/night.

US$206
US$120
US$251
US$230
2,202 results
All reviewsconcierge staffduplex suiteastoria restaurantbeautiful hotelthe main squareformer palacethe rivertrain stationperfect locationfive star hotelthe heart of the citybeautiful roombreakfast buffetdouro valleyloved this hotelhigh ceilingsrestaurant recommendations
Reviewed 13 April 2018

If you are trying to decide if you should try to fit Porto into your Portugal trip, DO IT! It is only a 2 1/2 drive and the city is very different than Lisbon. The architecture, history, food and wine are all amazing. Definitely stay at the InterContinental Porto- Palacio if you can. The location is perfect! Park and walk from there to everything that you want to see. Once a Palace, and you feel it! Elegant, yet not pretentious. The rooms are lovely, beautiful appointments. The lounge offers a nice menu if you want a bite...but definitely venture to the river for the views and great fish! (don't go for the Bacalhau - the only fish that is not fresh and that is not from Portugal! It is a tradition, but some traditions need to be modified;)

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2018

As soon as I pulled up, I was greeted by a welcoming smile from the valet attendant. I was escorted to reception, where I got the pleasure of being checked-in by the most pleasant front desk agent I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with (and that's a lot). Was greeted for my membership and offered a welcome drink as well !! My room was beautiful with high ceilings, a spacious bedroom, and an even bigger bathroom. It is every girl's dream to have that much space while you are getting ready! Shortly after check-in, I received a knock on my door. To my surprise, i was delivered a note, welcoming me to the hotel along with a box of chocolates. The next day, I had slept in(because the beds are so comfortable), and had not turned off my do not disturb sign. Slid right under my door, was a cute little card stating that they honored my request not to be disturbed and to call whenever I would like service. The housekeeping service was so thoughtful. It's the little things that matter most and the housekeeper even lined up all my toiletries and makeup for me which was so nice considering I had left it all spread out before I left. I had the pleasure of chatting with the overnight team, who never get enough credit (not only for the shift they work, but the things they have to deal with). I was so parched after my long day and the overnight team provided me anticipatory service by handing me a bottle of water before I could even ask. You have your choices of hotels while staying in Porto, but you will be missing out on the most personalized service if you stay anywhere other than here. Highly recommend! I will return !!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank escapetheindoors
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

As as long time IHG member I have a lot of their hotels to use as a comparison. The Porto InterContinental has set a new standard. Check in was very efficient. The room very clean with daily service morning and evening. Breakfast was alway well prepared and presented with a friendly wait staff in attendance. A special mention to the Concierge team. They were exceptionally helpful. With a central location to the old city within a block of the train station, in a building which is a renovated palace, this is the place to stay in Porto.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Service was A++. There really isn’t a better located hotel in Porto. We contemplated getting an airbnb for our three-day stay but so happy we booked this hotel. The help and concierge were by far the best that I have ever experienced and I travel frequently. The location is near the train station and an easy walk to the water. We asked for an upgrade when we got there and they were able to accommodate us to a duplex! The only thing I didn’t like was the bathroom. Just wasn’t set up right.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2018

For anyone coming to tour Porto, this hotel has to be the most desired:
1. The best location - right in the centre and really close to everything in the Old Town - and I mean it, not walking a few million steps to reach the site of your interest
2. Next to the Sao Bento Station - literally one minute away on foot
3. Well run Intercontinental Hotel and thus setting the standards
4. Efficient and well-mannered staff
A room for improvement, though, is the cappuccino offered at breakfast. Yes, I know it is Portugal (not Italy), but they can really make it better.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends