“Still waiting for main course...”
Review of Arte Da Baixa

Arte Da Baixa
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Arte Da Baixa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #188 of 1,876 Restaurants in Porto
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I usually don't write bad reviews but after waiting for 40 minutes for main course I decided to ask the waiter where is our food. He responded that it's making... horrible service and horrible organisation of the kitchen. Avoid this place if you want to eat!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was good, my boyfriend loved it. Me on the other hand, was just a plate of pasta with a lot of cheese but I liked it. Excellent service though

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Food was OK, nothing special, I actually did not like my dish at all, it was some weird pasta made with frozen ingredients. I have to say my friend had the polvo, which was very good. Service was very nice. It would have been expensive if I didn't reserve through Fork, which gave us a 30% discount. Like I said, just OK, wouldn't go again.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Open late, affordable, tastily decorated, serving good Portuguese dishes. On the downside, some prices on our check were a little higher than in the menu, a perhaps innocent mistake, which, at our request, was corrected with apologies.

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We visited Arte Da Baixa earlier this week and were instantly impressed with the modern decor inside the restaurant.

The meal choices and combinations were really interesting and unique to this restaurant. All of our dishes were good, but we felt the restaurant needs to go back and focus on the basics like consistency and attention to detail on each dish now they have crafted a zany menu. The olive oil mashed potatoes on some of our party's main courses were served on the cool side and needed to be hotter. Also, the filleted salmon on one member of our group's Salmon with Vegetable Cake main course still had a few bones in, but another two members had the same dish without any bones in their pieces of salmon.

The food was reasonably priced, but we were charged over €5 per glass of Super Bock beer which is extortionate anywhere in Portugal.

Arte Da Baixa is a modern restaurant that currently serves good food. If they can iron out some problems they could have an excellent restaurant.