I am not sure how to rate it. The only good thing about this place is that it's a 5 mins walk to the Brussels North Railway Station. It is also 2 mins from the red light district. But since we stayed for only 1 night (checked in at 8 pm and checked out at 8 am in the morning), we did not have to deal with the brothels and sex shops other reviewers have talked about.
Things I did not like:
1.They charge for wifi which is just not done in this era.
2. The bathroom and toilet are separate - and you will bang into the walls if you are slightly on the heavier side.
3. The lady at the reception just does not smile. And quite robotic. Seemed limited by her knowledge of English. Or she just might be rude - I couldn't say. The man, on the other hand, was nice and helpful.
4. The shower and other bathroom fittings were really old and jittery.
Things I can live with:
1. Spacious Room
2. Proximity to Brussels Nord.
3. The price. (I paid 55 euros on a day when similar hotels were charging 220 euros)
Unless you are reaching really late in the night to Brussels Nord Station, and have to stay nearby, or need to catch a really early train, don't even bother to stay here. And definitely not worth spending more than a night, however comparative the price is.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Chao Chow Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chao Chow Palace Brussels/Saint-Josse-Ten-Noode