“Beer Varieties”
Review of Brasserie Dunham

Brasserie Dunham
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Dunham
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Great spot in a beautiful brick building. Most have cost a small fortune to refinish this place.

Lots of patio room to drink a wide range of craft beers.

A wide range of tastes as far as beer goes. Some are something I would have never expected to be called beer. None the less, it was a great change of pace and makes for good conversation trying to find the best one.

They have board games and cards which you can use at your leisure which is a nice touch.

Food:

We both had the poutine which was good. Pulled pork had some spice. Fries crispy, and gravy not to thick. And the of course real curds makes it a true success of a dish.

Staff was friendly and knowledgeable with helping you find a beer that suits your palate.

If you're in the area stop in for a pint or an even dozen.

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

If you like cloudy / juicy IPAs you are in heaven. Great atmosphere fun staff and the best beer, in a place with stunning style.

Reviewed 5 October 2017

I discovered their beer at my local Octoberfest and I feel in love with it. I got to taste 4 different ones and I came back home with 7x 750 bottles at 10$ each. The best ones in my opinions are : Cassis (purple beer), Mahalo Framboise (raspberry taste beer) and Mahalo Mango

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Dunham beer is always interesting and not what you might expect in taste. I am always surprised with its strength. The burgers not different. Big bold flavours all around. The patio is so beautiful and worth a b&b most days.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We heard that there was a new chef at the Brasserie and decided to try it out. The decor remains "pub", but the food is better than that.

We did not try the beer, so can make no comment on that. I did have an iced tea that was great: fresh with no sugar added. There may have been a bit too much lemon and not enough tea for some, but I, on the other hand, ordered a second. The food was excellent.

The salads were really terrific. We all tried the kale Caesar salad, the beet and goat's cheese, and the Jerusalem artichoke. The last was my least favorite; the beat and goat's cheese and the Caesar were fabulous.

I had the Jamaican chicken burger, sans bun (no gluten-free bread, unfortunately). It may not be fair for me to comment on my dinner as I ate is with knife and fork and not with my hands as it was meant to be. However, it was quite good. The chicken was moist and tender and the sauce was tasty. The fries were excellent.

Other members of our party had the ravioli and the beef brisket. All said their food was first rate and my sister was still raving about the ravioli the next day.

For desert, it was the rhubarb cake, which I did not try, but all the others praised it.

There is a decent patio, but it rained that evening and we ate indoors.

The Cons: The service was slow, which did not bother us so much as we were not in a hurry. The slowness may have been in the kitchen and was evident from the get go when there were few people in the place.

The ambiance is a bit noisy: one large, open room with brick walls and wooden floor. However, they did turn down the music when we ask and we had no trouble conversing among the four of us.