“Good food, rare find”

L'Epicerie-Cafe Dunham
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Dunham
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Great place to know if you're within a 20 km radius. Few items on the menu but using local produce and prepared with care! Too absorbed by the cozy atmosphere, I forgot to take a picture of my dish!

Reviewed 8 May 2017

Friendly and relaxed atmosphere with very good food. Local goods are in the spotlight with some imported specialty items.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Wouldn't tell from the outside that this little gem has the most amazing food. This place is right on the main street in Dunham. To our amazement, by far for us this was the highlight of our vacation food wise. We stopped in for lunch and had a "sandwich au dindon a la grec griller" with flavored mayo for our fries. The service was great made feel almost "homey".

Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

With a simple menu with local produce this restaurant was enjoyable to sit on the terrase and enjoy summer. Situated right on Main Street it was a tad busy on the street. They have a small local market on weekends and an ice cream truck also. We had sandwiches and burgers. All good.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

I had been told not to miss out on L'Épicerie-Café in Dunham, so I was planning on checking it out for sure during my stay in the region. Problem is, from Monday to Wednesday they close at 3:00pm and I was never back in town early enough to have a meal there.

So on Thursday evening, on my last night in the Eastern Townships, I was finally able to have dinner there. And I'm quite happy to have experienced the cuisine of this nice little bistro.

It was a hot and humid summer day, so I was grateful for the chance to sit on the outside terrace out front. It's a busy road, so it can get noisy at times. But the breeze was just wonderful.

The service is friendly, casual, and efficient. Don't expect much in terms of bells and whistles. At L'Épicerie-Café, you're not paying for the real estate or the décor. The focus is on the food and it was delicious.

Though they have quite a few options on the menu, they also have specials on the slate board and I went for the beef "bavette" with fries and salad. At only 18$ for the meal, it was a steal! I normally pay between 25$ and 30$ for a good beef "bavette," so this was extremely good value. It comes with a choice of home-made mayo and I went for the chipotle. To wash it all down, I ordered a beer from the nearby Dunham brewery.

I liked the cozy vibe the restaurant generates, as it makes you feel welcome and comfortable. The portions are generous, the quality of the food top notch, the service good. All in all, this place offers a nice dining experience at an affordable price.

Definitely a place to discover if you are visiting the region!