“Great location with an amazing view of the Acropolis.”

Acropolis Hill Hotel
Ranked #24 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 24 June 2017

This was a nice hotel with moderately sized rooms and a great view of the Acropolis. The rooftop terrace was extra special because you could watch the sun rise over the Acropolis which was beautiful. The pool was okay - nice enough to cool off in, but received very little sunlight due to its location. Staff was helpful and the breakfast was delicious. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room are not large, but there are some double rooms that are larger than others that you can request...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
TourHotel, Manager at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear Melissa,

thank you for your wonderful remarks which I have shared with our staff. We are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at Acropolis Hill Hotel, including the "delicious" complimentary breakfast, the "great" location and roof terrace, which as you mention offers exceptional views during sun rise and sunset.

We thank you for recommending us and we hope to see you again soon.

The Acropolis Hill hotel Team

There are newer reviews for Acropolis Hill Hotel

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I booked this as a budget hotel. Finding a balcony with a fantastic view of the Parthenon was an unexpected bonus (note, only the front facing rooms have this). I sat on the balcony in the evenings and just soaked in the view!

The hotel was very clean, and the staff were helpful. Breakfast was excellent. There was even a pool and a bar in the hotel. The room size was quite generous by European standards, and the shower appeared recently remodeled. It really was a four-star quality for budget price. I would absolutely stay there again....and again.

So why did I only give it a rating of 4 instead of 5? Because it is a few blocks out of the tourist zone. There were many restaurants within walking distance (my favorite was Kalamaki), but you had to either go down a hill with 63 steps (and then go back up them....) or walk about 4 blocks down a road where there were not sidewalks for short stretches. So if you have someone in your party with limited mobility, this is not the hotel for them. My roommate has had two knee replacements with great success and likes to walk, and we walked from the hotel to the flea market, down through the Plaka, and back to the hotel, about 12,000 steps total on my Fitbit. Its a fairly easy walk to the Acropolis

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view of the acropolic
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Dear valued guest,

thank you for your time to provide us with your high score. It makes us very happy to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you rated highly the cleanliness, our staff and "excellent" breakfast as you mention as well as rating us as a "four-star quality". All the above are our priority and we thank you for your comments.

We hope to see you again.

The Acropolis Hill Hotel Team

Reviewed 23 June 2017

I haven't written a review on Tripadvisor before, but my experience at the Acropolis Hill was so positive, I want to acknowledge the extraordinary lengths to which they went, in order to make my stay enjoyable. Telephoning me at home (when I had a problem with emails), giving me the perfect room (601) in response to my request to have a room with a balcony view of the Parthenon) and providing, as other reviewers have mentioned, a delicious early breakfast, all seemed typical of the kind and thoughtful approach this hotel showed to its guests. As for the hotel itself, it is clean, smart, welcoming and very professionally run, and so close to the Acropolis you can walk there in 10 minutes. I used the swimming pool once and, although it isn't particularly big, it was great for a refreshing and cooling swim, before heading out again to visit another museum.
This was the second time I have stayed at the Acropolis Hill and I would recommend it without hesitation; on this occasion, as I was staying for three nights, I took advantage of their Airport pick-up offer - normally I use public transport (and I returned to the airport on the 6 euro x95 bus from Syntagma with no problems), but it was a welcome bonus to have a driver waiting when my evening flight arrived.

Room Tip: If it is a priority for you, specifically request a room with a view of the Parthenon.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear philhellene2017,

thank you very much for your time to review us online.
We are delighted to read the details of your lovely stay and thank you very much for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor. We are also very happy to read that you enjoyed the Athens Pack Offer that is available for reservations made through our official website and provides of a warm welcome to Athens with a complimentary pick up.

We hope to see you again on your next visit!

The Acropolis Hill Hotel Team

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Greatly enjoyed my stay in Athens. Hotel staff were very friendly. Haris at the reception was very helpful. Vangelis who was there during the night shift told me many stories about Ancient Greece and Greek philosophy which I greatly enjoyed.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Dear Ahmed ,

thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.
It makes us very happy to read that you greatly enjoyed your stay and I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Athens.

Sofia K

Reviewed 17 June 2017 via mobile

Spent the night there are rather tiring tour before flying home.
Very satisfied with service arrived at 0800 to drop bag off and very helpful lady at reception got me a very spacious modern clean room and large stunning bath.
A very decent complimentary breakfast which was a higher standard then some I had paid at, very friendly helpful staff and small pool to cap off a great place to stay in Acropolis area.
Only a 10 minute walk to Plaka area

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
TourHotel, Manager at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2017

Dear LozatWoz,

We would like to thank for taking the time to share such great comments about our hotel and staff! We are very happy to read that you appreciated our services, the rooms and stunning bath as you mention, as well as the complimentary breakfast, the outdoor swimming pool, and the location, next to the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum and Plaka area.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a return stay and if you are looking to book accommodation in the Peloponnese, do not hesitate to have a look at our official website for our sister hotel.

Sofia K