1,118 results
All reviews ermou street syntagma square new wing great location within walking distance central location acropolis view room shopping district small balcony superior room nice breakfast safe area reception area by foot breakfast buffet metro station short stay
Reviewed 19 June 2018

the hotel was centrally located. The price included a wonderful, inclusive breakfast with meats, cheeses, pastries, eggs and more. The rooms my family had were in the back of the hotel in what appeared to be a separate building with a corridor of stairs separating the buildings. Rooms were small and adequate.

Room tip: Room had cockroaches and I reported it to the front desk.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 June 2018

A Greek travel agent suggested Hotel Cypria for two stays recently. The hotel staff were very accommodating and friendly. My husband and I got adjoining rooms for our teenage kids and ourselves. The location is good for tourists - walking distance to the Agora, Parthenon, airport bus, and two metro stops.
As many with US flight arrivals, we arrived way before check-in time. I expected to store our luggage and hang out somewhere for a couple of hours. Instead they offered our rooms to us. The room and bathroom are spacious by European standards and it has all the amenities of a 4-star with a room safe, air conditioning controlled with an individual remote, good wifi, etc. I see other reviews about the tiny elevators; hey that’s Europe. Our rooms were in the new wing so there’s a funny pathway of stairs and elevators but “hey that’s Europe.” Breakfast was everything I wanted. I saw another recent review criticizing the lack of milk for cold cereal. It was in a dispenser by the juices and water every morning for us.
We let the staff know about our early arrival for our second stay and headed out to the rest of Greece. I had visited with a couple of bellmen about the rest of our trip. When we returned for our second stay, one of them remembered where we had been and asked about it. We were so early in the day that I expected to store our luggage but again, they were ready for us.
Everything was clean and well maintained. Along the way they booked a couple of taxis for us, advised us on movie theaters (open air theaters is a thing there, try it!), and so forth. No problems at all. Ask for the new wing.

Room tip: ask for the new wing
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Good quality-price hotel. We were 2 adults and a 12-year-old girl. Very big room with a big terrace.
Perfect location, close to everything. Sintagma square less than five minutes walking distance.
Good breakfast.
Very helpful staff.
Tasty iced coffee!
Amazing views from the roof bar.
I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

The Cypria is very well situated near Syntagma Square and easy walking distance to Monastiraki, Thisio and Plaka districts. The rooms are small and basic but adequate. The breakfast buffet was excellent with a broad selection of hot and cold dishes, fruits, cheeses, juices etc. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The rooftop bar has a fabulous view of the Acropolis, the sunset, and the city, be sure to go up there for a drink. The service at the rooftop bar was a little sluggish but we weren’t in a hurry. The beds are on the firm side. Convenient place to stay while visiting Athens as a tourist.

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Room is small and basic but is clean and has all you need when only using the hotel to sleep. Above all the location is amazing, right in the heart of Athens. The rooftop bar with acropolis views is very nice.

Trip type: Travelled solo