All reviews pedestrian street shared kitchen great location luggage storage budget hotel monastiraki station walking distance safe area air conditioning visiting athens acropolis view balcony yannis greece square greek
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Value for money hotel. Very clean and comfortable room. The staff is very polite and helpful and 24 hours at service. Tempi Hotel is located in the heart of Athens and is 3 minutes walk from Monastiraki metro station.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2017

Excellent location steps from Monastiraki, centrally located on pedestrian street across from church and lots of food options. All historic sights walking distance. Hotel is quite narrow with an interesting luggage only elevator. Staff is friendly and speak good English.
I was on the 5th floor and had a terrace overlooking the centre and the Acropolis. Unfortunately the design of the hotel is right angle to the Acropolis.
Shower was good, lack of plugs in room. Good wifi signal. Shared kitchen available. Good base for exploring historic Athens

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Honestly, I was thrilled to be staying at Hotel Tempi. The location was absolutely perfect and it came highly recommended by a friend. My enthusiasm ended shortly after setting foot into the place. There was no room available to me anymore as they were overbooked, even though I booked the accomodation directly on their own website months in advance.

After sharing my dissapointment I was personally blamed for this fact, as I apparantly had been too 'demanding' in my e-mail conversations in which I politely requested either a room with a view or a more quiet room. I simply shared a preference here and only inquired if they could take a preference into account. months in advance.

No, in the eyes of the receptionist I was not a fit for the hotel and definitely needed to take my business to their partner hotel a few streets back. After sharing my dissapointment and going through my options of finding an alternative that day, I had to take the offer. It turned out it was not a good alternative at all and spent my days in Athens stressed and dissapointed. I love Greece, I love Greeks, I actually love the usual customer service in Greece, but this was a singular, terrible experience.

Stayed: September 2017
4  Thank Timbertius
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel is filthy , the room I booked and I get a conformation e mail from hotel confirming my room with balcony and a view I got a window looking at a brick wall no balcony hotel is filthy ,don’t stay here, the room 314 had hair a muck in the waldrobe draws ,also a ball of hair in the open drain in the shared shower also shower was never cleaned all fatty skin a filth on shower walls , the shared toilet had no hand wash soap even after complaint every day , also the room bed pillows are all stained , there is no fire escape out the 3 rd floor room that’s if you could get out as it’s a square drop about 20 metres to the bottom but a square pit hole so no way out if a fire , also this hotel staffe Yannis ,so called manager he said he was ,I complained a showed him the e mail I received from the hotel he started shouting at me very rudely as I said I booked a room with a view and balcony ,I got a conformation e mail from this hotel saying I had what I requested ,yet Yannis said while shouting no no no it’s not from this good hotel ? He then started laughing at me as I said I’m very claustrobic he laughed so much as I went back to my room as it’s a long walk and he was laughing all the time this man Yannis is a really bad guy , the hotel is a flea pit the thing they play on is the really great location , they know this a arnt bothered about there customers , they lie. About what you book , BEWARE , DONT STAY HERE , it ruined my Athens break as I spent all my day and evening out as if I’m in that room I had to have the light on all day as the room is so dark , depressing

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Ray B
Yiannis K, Ιδιοκτήτης at Hotel Tempi, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

When you arrived in our hotel, we informed you about our hotel’s policy according to which only the rooms with private shower/wc and with a higher price are located in the front side of the hotel and have a balcony with view. With your full agreement we proceeded to provide you a quite room with no balcony as per your initial reservation.

It brings us a huge and very sad surprise to receive all these complaints from you especially since we were not at all informed by your part during your stay with us. You stayed for 6 days and you never asked for another room or some different kind of service which we would be glad to provide. Everything from a change of the room or help to find another hotel would be an option and we would have been glad to satisfy your need, as we always do. But unfortunately we were never informed from you, as you claimed, and during all of his 6 days stay you seemed quite kind friendly and satisfied.

All these are untrue arguments with great concern. You were throwing the rooms towels down on the floor everyday, so we were changing them with new and clean (our policy is, as a one star hotel, to change the towels and the sheets every two days). As for the shower, it is the only room on the floor with common shower, so it had been used only from you, so the hair that you claim to have found belong to you. As for the pictures of the skylight, we continue to wonder, why you had to take these pictures from a specific place of the hotel, located two floors above your room and very far from it. Having photos from the whole room would show how comfortable it is, and how clean we kept it, as we do with every room, every customer, everyday.
We also wonder why you took with you after you left the new alarm clock that we bought for the room.

As for the manager Yiannis, he has been doing this job for thirty years and his trying his best for the customers.

Tempi Hotel

Reviewed 27 September 2017

Room was clean and cool and the location was perfect for atmosphere and access to train, shops and restaurants.
Staff were extremely friendly and helpful. So if you don't mind climbing a few steps and don't expect five star - this is the ideal budget place to stay!

Room Tip: If you don't enjoy a big climb try for first floor - there's a lift for baggage We stayed here and didn't hear a beep!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends