“Great tour guide”

Athens Free Walking Tour
Ranked #23 of 310 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore the city that has over 3000 years of history and discover all the facts, myths and secrets that you won't find in your guidebook. Our English-speaking local experts will share their knowledge and passion of the city with you. Get an inside look at the Cradle of Western Civilization on foot and discover many of its hidden gems that tourist buses can't reach.
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The tour with Michael was very interesting. He gave us a lot of helpful tips and information. We would recommend this tour to everybody who wants to visit Athens.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,485)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"george"
in 196 reviews

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

I did the free walking tour of Athens today and can only highly recommend it. The guide Giorgio did an awesome job to teach major aspects of Athens history on 2.5 hours. He showed us many hidden jewels that I would have not visited if it wasn't for him. Would definitely recommend when in Athens!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I was quite nervous to do my first free walking tour. Our tour guide, Euphrosyne, made me feel very welcomed and comfortable. I learned so much about the history of Athens, where to buy good food/coffee, and the right places to get souvenirs and trinkets. Before I knew it it was 2 hours and it was an absolute pleasure!

1  Thank Irma P
Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

„Euphrosyne“ was our tour guide in the free walking tour of Athens. She was unique in her style of explaining the history of Athens to us and took us to unique parts of the city where we saw the first parliament of the world where democracy itself was born and also got the best views of Acropolis, where I clicked my personal favorite pics. The tour lasts 2,5 hours and we highly recommend it to each and everyone visiting Athens.

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We met Micheal our friendly and super knowledgable guide outside the National Library of Greece. As 30+ people had signed up to take the tour a second guide had also turned up so the group would not be too big and impersonal.
After a quick intro we were off. The pace was gentle, a few steps near the Acropolis but generally very easy going. We meandered around the city with regular stops for updates. Not all historical, shopping tips, restaurant ideas and any thing a member of the tour wanted to know.
Micheal was fun and informative throughout , keeping the group’s attention and showing us some of the main historical sites with tips for people if they wanted to visit a particular area later in their holiday .
We did not enter any attractions just walked past and were told about their history .
At the end of the tour Micheal recommended restaurants for lunches / dinners/ vegans . He also gave us maps on which he kindly marked these and any other areas we were interested in and then bade us farewell.
The tour lasted around 2.5 hours . Great start to my trip to Athens