See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 May 2016

The location of Fivos Hotel is perfect, walking distance to everything! I didn't have to take any form of transportation staying there, just the metro to/from the airport. The hotel itself isn't anything special though. Security is minimal, breakfast is minimal and is a very quite accommodation for those looking to meet other travellers. Although I had a positive experience staying here, I don't think I would stay here again if I was to return to Athens. I stayed in a four person shared room, which was ok. No lockers or safety deposit box in room (even though website claims there is). A/C technically worked, but there were times that outside was cooler than inside. Staff did their job, but didn't go above and beyond to help out their guests like most hotels/hostels do.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 7 February 2016 via mobile

Very helpfully staff, thanks to a guy, who were at last 3 nights. ;-) Rooms are not very elegance, my room looking old, but it's clean and it's everyday cleaning. If u need room to sleep and take a shower, and if u need be close to Acropolis, and u needn't luxury - it's a place for u. It's q nice place for travellers. Clean and safety place.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 30 November 2015

I stayed one night because my original hotel canceled my room. The location is right at the bottom of Acropolis and is easily accessible by the direct subway line from the airport. However, the Monastiriki area can get seedy at night. The hostel room was spacious but dingy with an on odor and soft well used mattress. You just want to sleep and get out. There was a free breakfast downstairs which was nice. Front desk person was also very friendly and helped me carry my bag upstairs and gave me a map of the area. So all in all it was a good solution for 1 night.

Room tip: lower floor for accessibility
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2015

First of all, this hotel/hostel is in a great location, next to Monastiraki subway station and square. We took the train form the airport and walked only a couple minutes to the hotel.

Walk a couple minutes done the street and you are at Monastiraki square, which is near the flea market as well as not too far walking distance from most of the big and historic attractions in Athens. Also close to many great restaurants which are in the Monastiraki area.

As a hotel, this was very poor. My boyfriend and I were first placed in a room with a double bed. It was clear this was the last one available as it was pretty terrible. The bathroom was so small that if you were sitting on the toilet you couldn't close the door to the bathroom without hitting your knees. That was pretty funny. In general, the room was really small and dingy. The air conditioning worked at least, as far as I remember.

After our first night's sleep, I was waking up when I felt a drop of water on me. I got up and just in time! Because about a litre of water poured down from the ceiling right above my side of the bed. I rushed to put a garbage bin on the bed to catch the water. Guess someone above was having a nice shower. When we told the hotel about it they apologized and we were moved to the only other room available.

The new room was much nicer. It was one floor above in what I guess was the "hostel" part of the hotel. It had tall ceilings, lots of room and a very large window. The bathroom door shut (score!) and had one bunk bed (2 single beds). Obviously this wasn't ideal for us but we are easygoing backpackers so we eagerly switched rooms. This room however didn't have any air conditioning and im my top bunk I struggled for hours to fall asleep in the July heat.

The breakfast which is included is very standard breakfast for Greece, includes a modest selection of toast and cucumbers and tomatoes, that sort of thing. This is very typical across the country.

All in all, great location, good for backpackers who aren't picky. The hostel room was definitely better than our hotel room once we got switched.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2015

I stayed 4 nights in this Athenian hostel. Most people are dissapointed because they were expecting a hotel when this is clearly a hostel. I stayed at many hostels and Fivos is one of the best because of their breakfast which offers a wide variety. The rooms are not very big but the one I booked had its own bathroom and that for only 25€ a night. This is very cheap considering the location. You can visit most attractions by travelling by foot. The flea market is super close and it offers nice souvenirs and cheap food!

Room tip: Try not to have a room on the 5th floor since they don't have an elevator
Date of stay: July 2015