US$405
Plaka Hotel(Athens)
US$121
Bookgreece.com
Savings alert! 36% below average rates

The price you found is 36% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$188/night.

US$227
US$554
US$423
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Before I booked room in this hotel I read many oppinions about it in the internet that described it as rather poor place with small dirty rooms. That's why I was rather afraid to choose this hotel. Unfortunatelly i didn't have much money to spend on that occasion so i decided to booked there one room.
In fact it was not that bad. However staying there for six night was too long.
When we came there early in the morning we asked if we could leave our luggage before 12oo. First we had to pay whole sum of money for all days we stayed there before checking this room. That was strange for me. Then we could leave our luggage and come back when our room was ready.
Our room was small indeed. All furnitures were old. But it was clean. There was really small bathroom with water leaking from shower into the room.
The worst thing and the best at once about this place was its location. It is close Monastiraki Metro Station and Acropolis so we didn't have to move far away to go sightseeing. But the problem was horrible noise all day long as this hotel is located on very busy street. We couldn't open window because then we couldn't hear each other inside the room. At night was the same. Even though we closed window it was really difficult to fall asleep.
Hotel Fivos offers breakfast which are nothing special. Some eggs, cucamber, tomatoes, some bread, butter or jam. That's all. As they called it: continental breakfast.
If I was in Athens again I could stay there but no longer than 2 nights. So if you want just to visit Acropolis and don't plan to stay in Athens longer it is a good place.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
3  Thank GdyniaMojeMiasto
Reviewed 4 October 2009

I was spending my last night in Athens alone, after touring the islands with a friend and so I was looking for a cheap place with easy access to transportation to the airport. Found this place on Hostelworld and it didn't have the best reviews, but nothing that made me doubt I would be ok there for one night.

When I got there, there had been a mix up and my reservation had been cancelled. I had reserved for a room with AC, a double bed and a private bath. There were none of those left and the owner told me that the price that the website had given me was wrong anyway, that that type of room was 15Euros more. There was no point arguing since none were available anyway, but it did make me doubt the guy's honnesty. He said he only had one room left which had twin beds and a shared bathroom and it was the same price I was supposed to pay. I said ok, because I was desperate and didn't really have the time or energy to look for something else. I had to climb 6 floors with my suitcase in horrible heat, cause no elevators or AC in the halls. When I got to the room, I was shocked. It was like a jail cell: Bunk beds, with about the same size space next to it. A tiny fridge that was not plugged in. A tiny window that led to a dirty outdoor fire escape area and a tiny fan that supposedly let air into the room. The bathroom was disgusting! I was scared to touch anything using it and new I would not dare attempt a shower there.

I left to try to get my mind off it, telling myself it wouldn't be so bad, but when I came back at night, it was worse. It was so suffocating and the fan did nothing. There was a tiny window that led into the stairway with no curtain, so people could see if you were on the top bunk. Plus the door to the fire escape did not lock, so anyone could go there and squeeze into my room by the little window. I wanted to cry. Went down and a girl was at the desk. When I asked if there had been any cancelations and told her my room, I could tell she knew which one I was talking about and she felt bad for me. While we were chatting, 2 girls came down and said they were not staying, so she offered me their room, which they had not slept in, a double with AC and private bath. Finally! Well the room wasn't much better in terms of cleanliness and the bathroom door didn't close, but the AC worked and I didn't see any bugs, so I slept a little and left as soon as I could in the morning.

I've stayed at many budget hotels in the past and there was no reason for this place to be so unwell kept. The owner was so unhelpful and untrustworthy. Despite the location, I would never ever want to stay in a place remotely like this and would warn people to stay away unless you have a high tolerance for dirtiness.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
14  Thank Sanpip
Reviewed 4 October 2009

We only paid 34 euros a night for both of us so our expectations weren't high. We were checked in quickly and efficiently, our room was perfectly acceptable, it was on the fourth floor, it was clean but the room just looked a little bit old. The bed was very squeaky, the hot water gets used quickly especially in the morning, but it was fine on an evening. The air conditioning wasn't the most powerful, this was fine for the end of September, but maybe more of a problem in summer. The fridge in the room was very useful and the storage space in the room was good. The breakfast which we were surprised to find was included in the price was fine. Cornflakes, cake, bread, preserves, apples, grapes, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, coffee and tea.

The location of this hotel was excellent, 2 mins walk from the Metro, 2 mins walk to view of the Acropolis, 10-15 mins to walk up to it, and there were lots of good bars and restaurants in the streets behind the hotel. We would recommend this hotel to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lexasquirrel
Reviewed 19 September 2009

The “hotel” is not a hotel, it’s a run down motel. The room we stayed in smelled like mildew, the shower was filthy, the towels were torn and had stains on them, and the AC didn’t work, so we had to leave the window open. Well, the window opens to a very busy street with LOTS of noise. We were practically up for three nights.
On top of all this, the receptionist (a guy named Vladimir), was extremely rude and unfriendly. We asked him if we could have another room on the other side of the hotel, he basically snapped at us and said no. We asked him if we could get our money back and go find another place, he said no to that as well. He was a nasty man with a lot of attitude.
The place made Athens stay a miserable one. The only thing this place has going is its location. You can walk to the Acropolis. That’s it though. I would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mahroo
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Quite possibly the worst hotel we ever stayed in, but hey it was cheap (50-60$ US) within short walk to the Acropolis.

Still room was big but dated thats ok its basically a pension or hostel with rooms. But bathrooms were filthy and the noise from the street awful. It just rolls up the downtown walls. Taxis are a joke, like most big cities they ruin it for all. Too fast, too noisy, too rude, too expensive and always a rip off. They blared up and down the street all nite, and without ac working we had no choice but to leave windows open room was hot@@@!!!!

W cut stay short by a nite and went to isles early. The tram subway system was good and nearby and the Acropolis area has been very well redone. Archeology museum a good distance away. Internet was sketchy but possible and owner was a crank. Wanted to tell him to get out of business if you dont like it, let someone run it who knows what to do for customers. Go anyplace else but here we had to book last minute due to business trip changes.

But do stay near the acropolis its worth it. HOSTEL BOOKERS in general was not a good site to use their info seems 'padded' if you get me drift and that is why we are posting here. Both places we booked there were awful.

Bright side took ferry to Santorini Pension George was excellent and cost much less than Athens Hotel Fivos. Go figure!!!

Athens is neat place everyone has dark hair and interesting take on life with age old culture and tons of history and archaeology, best to enjoy it at another place other than Hotel Fivos.

We decided to get T-shirts done that said "We survived Hotel Fivos" yep it was that bad....

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business